PDA

View Full Version : .22 conversions for Glocks, anyone have any feedback?

Sagerider
June 04, 2014, 15:34
Thinking about getting one, do they work?

Nomad, 2nd
June 04, 2014, 18:01
Have compact and subcompact Advantage arms kits.

Happy with em.

Sagerider
June 04, 2014, 19:07
The one I am looking at is the TSG-22 from Tactical Solutions offered by Brownells.

4x401
June 04, 2014, 19:59
So all I've seen are kits for 9mm/40 frame sizes....Are there any available for the 20/21 frame size???

Sagerider
June 05, 2014, 10:09
It looks like for the 17 and 19 models they have them but others not so sure.
The reviews are mixed with one guy liking it and another ended up sending it back because it sucked.

toys
June 05, 2014, 19:30
i have the AA for a G17.

no problems.

kotengu
June 05, 2014, 20:02
So all I've seen are kits for 9mm/40 frame sizes....Are there any available for the 20/21 frame size???

Yes. I have one for my Model 30. It is very picky with ammo, and even with the perfect ammo it still fails sometimes. I am still glad I bought it and enjoy the lighter recoil for speed practice. It has taken me past a plateau I don't think i would have passed shooting only .45ACP.

Sagerider
June 06, 2014, 01:13
Did some snooping and found a YouTube video by Nutnfancy and he sold me on the Advantage Arms conversion. I got one off of FleaBay for $319.00.
It has an aluminum slide that works with .22 better than a steel slide due to the weight factor and low recoil power of a .22 round. I will post up and let you know how it works out. :)

Fn/form
June 07, 2014, 14:08
I've had Gen3 and Gen4 AA kits, currently have Gen4 TacSol kit.

All of the kits were very reliable with quality high velocity ammo such as Mini Mag. They were all picky with the lower quality/powered ammo. More lube helps with lower powered ammo.

Accuracy has been good in all the kits. Mags were never an issue, but pressure on the mag baseplate during firing will likely cause stoppages.

I prefer the weight of the steel slide for serious practice. That was the main reason I sold the AA. Although the TS is not as easy to diassemble as the AA.

nearmisses
June 09, 2014, 17:22
I picked up a Ciener on Gunbroker and it has proven a very reliable unit contrary to what others may think on my son in laws Glock. Accuracy has been great. I have a kimber 22 on my 1911 I love, 22 rules for fun!

Stranger
June 10, 2014, 07:54
Here is a link with good information.

http://www.falfiles.com/forums/showthread.php?t=370110

Sagerider
June 13, 2014, 15:25
My Advantage Arms Glock 17 .22 conversion showed up today and of course as soon as I got back from the mail box I gave it a go. Three magazines full no malfunctions. Shoots six inches high at 30 feet with the standard Glock adjustable rear sight full down, don't care, I will just have to adjust or shoot at a longer distance. :) getting a bit taller front sight may be a possibility but I will have to do some looking around. Grouping is reasonable for my abilities at about three inches at 30 feet with a two handed hold.
Quality looks to be quite good and fit up like it belongs on the frame. The aluminum slide makes the pistol very light weight which would be good for camping and toting around if you choose to have the .22 conversion installed.
Slide locked to the rear after the last shot as it should for the three magazine loads tested. Magazines drop free so mag dump and reload practice is good to go.
Ammo used was the 40 grain high velocity offering from United Nations Ammo Supply made in Mexico head stamped Colt. Different ammo may give different results, just have to give it a bit of testing. The Colt marked ammo shoots great in my Ruger 10/.22 and gives one hole at 30 feet using a 4X scope. Perfect for get off my lawn gopher eradication. :)
Bottom line, yeah, I like it. :) Get one!