PDA

View Full Version : Gen 4 extended mag release what to buy

Guy-epic
May 31, 2014, 12:45
So I figured jugs wants to see more in this area. So I want a extended mag release for my big hands to be able to well drop the magazine easier. So what is the best of the money? And maybe a matching slide release as well? Last are these easy to install? I am looking at Vickers but do not know if they are any good. Thoughts?

VALMET
May 31, 2014, 14:07
You're looking of a larger slide release than what's already on the Gen 4? Factory slide-stop extensions are available from Lone Wolf Dist and can be found brand new on eBay, fairly easy to install.

Guy-epic
May 31, 2014, 14:09
You're looking of a larger slide release than what's already on the Gen 4? Factory slide-stop extensions are available from Lone Wolf Dist and can be found brand new on eBay, fairly easy to install.

Is Lone Wolf better then Vickers? I have never dealt with either.

VALMET
May 31, 2014, 15:53
No idea- I run my Glocks stock aside from night sights and ghost triggers. I've generally picked up factory extended slide releases from Lone Wolf. Personally I find the factory ahem 4 mag releases plenty big.

TOWS220
May 31, 2014, 20:56
No idea- I run my Glocks stock aside from night sights and ghost triggers. I've generally picked up factory extended slide releases from Lone Wolf. Personally I find the factory ahem 4 mag releases plenty big.

I second this. What ghost triggers are you using, valmet?

Guy-epic
May 31, 2014, 22:10
Tell me more about the trigger you use. And that slide release looks awesome thanks. As for the mag release I know it is big I need it to stick out further to speed up my mag changes. I have huge hands. No joke it is a family trait a curse and a blessing.

VALMET
June 01, 2014, 09:00
http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/product/2-GH2105-E-4

These are exactly what I use in most of my Glocks. Lightens the pull and makes it a little crisper (varies depending on gun). They drop right in and can be installed in minutes. Not sure what to tell you regarding mag releases. Good luck.

K.O.A.M.
June 01, 2014, 11:09
I have used the Vickers parts on my Glocks, with probably 15,000 rounds downrange total. I have never had a problem with any of them.

Guy-epic
June 01, 2014, 12:46
I have used the Vickers parts on my Glocks, with probably 15,000 rounds downrange total. I have never had a problem with any of them.

I like the size and style of the Vickers mag. release, I have read some really great things and like the look of the size of the lone wolf slide release, last the trigger. There are many options and opinions on what to do on the gen4 from the above mentioned to putting a gen3 trigger in with a polish on the bar to the "ATF" or "DOT" bar, and many others. I think I am going to have to talk with my gunsmith and see what he likes. I know he tries many different products as he has written many articles for magazines. I also like that he doesn't care about advertisement deals he has always written what he felt was the truth. Likely why many of his articles did not get published. Slide and mag release seem to be a comfort area that will be up to me. Trigger is more of what parts will actually produce a trigger I enjoy, he knows what I like and I will let you all know what he has to say. But it does look like a 3.5 pound non mushy trigger can be done easily.