PDA

View Full Version : Recall on Remington M700's

ByrnieMac
May 25, 2014, 12:13
Just heard about it today. Something about the triggers being no good. Apparently dangerous enough to warrant a recall. So if you bought a M700 recently, check with Remington to find out if your rifle is in the recall range.

okiefarmer
May 25, 2014, 13:02
If the M700 is a new and improved version of the old Model 70, then Remington needs to go out of business for it's own ineptness. Haven't they been fighting this safety/trigger issue in this model since the dawn of man. I have heard of many, and know of one personally that was kilt because of a faulty safety on these models.

ByrnieMac
May 25, 2014, 14:31
Yeah seems I've heard a lot of bad stuff about the triggers in these. Don't have much experience with them, and consequently can't speak about their triggers from experience.. but I just can't understand why something like that hasn't been sorted out by now.. at work we've got probably 60 brand spankin new M700's locked up in the shipping cages waiting to get sent back. Its a shame

wyatt earp
May 25, 2014, 14:33
http://www.remington.com/pages/news-and-resources/press-releases/2014/firearms/remington%20arms%20announces%20voluntary%20product %20recall.aspx

April 11, 2014
Madison, N.C. - Remington Arms Company, LLC (“Remington”) today announced a voluntary recall of Model 700™ and Model Seven™ rifles with X-Mark Pro® (“XMP®”) triggers, manufactured from May 1, 2006 to April 9, 2014.

Senior Remington engineers determined that some Model 700 and Model Seven rifles with XMP triggers could, under certain circumstances, unintentionally discharge.

ftierson
May 25, 2014, 15:19
If the M700 is a new and improved version of the old Model 70, then Remington needs to go out of business for it's own ineptness. Haven't they been fighting this safety/trigger issue in this model since the dawn of man. I have heard of many, and know of one personally that was kilt because of a faulty safety on these models.

Of course, M70 normally is used to refer to the Winchester M70...

The Remington Model 700 is, in essence, a follow on to the Remington Model 721.

Yes, Remington has had problems with the M700 trigger. In my estimation, they took the GM approach to 'solving' the problem, with the same consequences -- dead people and enormous liability/litigation problems looming...

Forrest

ByrnieMac
May 25, 2014, 15:26
http://www.remington.com/pages/news-and-resources/press-releases/2014/firearms/remington%20arms%20announces%20voluntary%20product %20recall.aspx

April 11, 2014
Madison, N.C. - Remington Arms Company, LLC (“Remington”) today announced a voluntary recall of Model 700™ and Model Seven™ rifles with X-Mark Pro® (“XMP®”) triggers, manufactured from May 1, 2006 to April 9, 2014.

Senior Remington engineers determined that some Model 700 and Model Seven rifles with XMP triggers could, under certain circumstances, unintentionally discharge.

There we go. Thank you, sir