PDA

View Full Version : Heads up on 10mm Armscor 50 rd boxes

bcbsr
May 23, 2014, 09:36
I hunted all over the internet for 10mm ammo and finally found someone that had it in stock at a reasonable price. www.ammosupplywarehouse.com
Had very good service , and shipped fast. Will buy from them again. The ammo I purchased was 10mm 180 Gr FMJ. Hope this helps anyone else that's looking.
Thanks, bcbsr

d762nato
May 23, 2014, 18:31
The thing about 10mm ammo is that most of it is watered down to dam near 40 short or 40 cal specs as it's called. Try buffalobore or Underwood if you want full power 10mm. Underwood runs sales quite often and their prices are better than buffalobore's. The Armscor is decent for plinking I guess but your shooting watered down ten really. I guess any ammo is better than none though.

fastback65
May 23, 2014, 19:25
Underwood even cautions not to use their ammo in a Delta Elite. I have a Springfield 1911 with a 10mm ramped barrel and 24lb spring. It like Underwo.od and Buffalo Bore

fake name
May 24, 2014, 17:52
The thing about 10mm ammo is that most of it is watered down to dam near 40 short or 40 cal specs as it's called. Try buffalobore or Underwood if you want full power 10mm. Underwood runs sales quite often and their prices are better than buffalobore's. The Armscor is decent for plinking I guess but your shooting watered down ten really. I guess any ammo is better than none though.

That's true to a degree, although the other way can be bad as well. I got my first 10MM, a blued Delta Elite when I was stationed in Germany in the early 90's. The only ammo I could get was 170 grain Norma, and that stuff was effing HOT! Needless to say after my first range seesion I was on the phone to Wilson and ordered a new spring guide, and a 24 pound recoil spring.