PDA

View Full Version : If a post is "Sticky", should not the PICS remain fo'evah as well???

Enquiring Minds
May 20, 2014, 22:58
Perhaps W.E.G. hisownself could remedy the incongruous (and slightly absurd) sitchee-a-shun here on The Files, i.e. making a thread "sticky" for... The Good Of All HumanityŽ, only to have the all-important instructional ATTACHED PHOTOS "expire" and fade away... :confused:

Man Law #27: if da text be sticky, da pix must be sticky too! :whistling:

Andy the Aussie
May 21, 2014, 00:54
Depends on where the pics are hosted. Hosting them on the Fal Files server would mean they remain whilst it does. It also means they are lower resolution/smaller.

Most all are now hosted on other sites like Photobucket. Once the persons hosting account is closed or the pics are deleted there then they will no longer be available here. The question is...where were they hosted ?

RPBII
May 21, 2014, 05:03
When the 'files server took a dump awhile back, all the photo's were lost.

DYNOMIKE
May 21, 2014, 09:55
Depends on where the pics are hosted. Hosting them on the Fal Files server would mean they remain whilst it does. It also means they are lower resolution/smaller.

Most all are now hosted on other sites like Photobucket. Once the persons hosting account is closed or the pics are deleted there then they will no longer be available here. The question is...where were they hosted ?

THIS is what happens most of the time...
Any PICS posted will only remain as long as the host account is active..
If the persons account is closed OR if he deletes PICS from his account then they disappear from anyplace they had been posted...

W.E.G.
May 21, 2014, 11:32
I have far less control over the physical data-storage attributes of this site than the casual observer might assume.

If anybody is running data backups, I promise you it ain't me.

Post the URL to the "sticky," and I'll in-stick it.
Bugs me too when nobody bothers to take down the posters for Elvis Tribute Hour for a week after it happened.