PDA

View Full Version : The Sig716 DMR exists

Scott V2
April 24, 2014, 19:49
The Sig716 DMR. I handled one tonight, the buyer had ordered it in July 0f 2013:uhoh:

Nice piece, got to play with it some in the backroom while the paperwork was processed.

Not as heavy feeling as I thought it would be.

Thorack
April 24, 2014, 20:07
Yep,

The regular version is on my shopping list.

Thorack

Enhander
April 25, 2014, 07:08
Ive shot the normal 716 several times. Its a tack driver. One of my favorite guns!

VALMET
April 26, 2014, 18:32
Picked up a 716 Patrol back in Feb and have been very happy with it. The DMR configuration looks slick!

C2A1
April 28, 2014, 14:39
The 716 can really do the job. Testing 16 inch barreled rifles as a test of a squad optical sight (SOG). The SIG did as well as many more expensive rifles. The SIG 716 patrol and the Robinson XCR-M was used this weekend topped with a norten performance GRSC 1x6 horseshoe sight. In a 30+ wind using 175gr LC LR ammo both rifles could hit a mansize target (chest) at 600 meters. One rangeing shot and four on target. I guess the disappointment was the SCAR-H. It could perform as well as the rest but the price and the trigger. The SIG could use some trigger work (one was OK, the other could use a little work) but the price differential allows this. The Robinson and LWRC had a nice triggers out of the box.

EonDresari
May 22, 2014, 22:41
I'm thinking about going all out and buying the 716 DMR instead of the patrol, does anyone here own one? Just thinking it'd fit me better since I tend to shoot from a bench or prone, not running around much. I figure the Swiss made match barrel would keep groups a bit tighter than the 16" on the patrol.

Curious as to how well it would like Hirtenberger or PPU 147 gr.