PDA

View Full Version : Anyone use suppressor with Advantage Arms conversion?

ratas calientes
April 15, 2014, 11:13
Does anyone here have experience using a suppressor with their Advantage Arms .22 conversion? I have two conversions, one for the G22, another for 1911. Advantage Arms sells a threaded barrel with a threaded adapter to get the thread size up to 1/2-28 to attach a suppressor. Anyone have or use one? Was it concentric with the barrel? Recommended?

Link to G22 barrel: http://www.advantagearms.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=AASOS&Product_Code=ThreadedBarrelAndAdapter&Category_Code=GKParts

Stranger
April 15, 2014, 22:12
They work like a charm. I have a few bulk packs through mine with no hiccups. I was going to post a picture of mine, but I can't seem to find the upload link. Its been awhile since I took mine out but I think I remember that the increased back-pressure allowed me to use Federal bulk pack. Which is pretty cool, because Federal bulk pack doesn't work worth a crap in the standard AA conversion. (They weren't blowing smoke when they specified in the instructions that Federal ammo doesn't work in their conversion.)

Stranger
April 15, 2014, 22:26
Here we go...

ratas calientes
April 16, 2014, 11:00
Great. I wanted to make sure before I ordered the threaded barrel and adapter for my G22 conversion. Good to also know about the increased back pressure . . . my 1911 conversion only runs with CCI Minimags. So running the suppressor on that conversion should help run cheaper ammo.

Nomad, 2nd
April 17, 2014, 20:51
Thanks.

I've been thinking of doing this for my conversions (for compact and subcompact Glocks) for a while.

ratas calientes
April 20, 2014, 01:14
I ordered a threaded barrel and thread adapter for my G22 kit today. I post how it works in a few weeks.

gunplumber
April 20, 2014, 09:24
thanks for the link, I Ordered two. I didn't know they were available. I was only keeping my ruger Mk II targets because the Advantage arms slides weren't threaded. I bought a pair of stripped frames from a member here so they are now dedicated .22 guns.

I'm definitely seeing the extra back pressure as an advantage for the ammo selection. And with .22 ammo coming out of my ears, it will give me a chance to play again (yeah, I bought a couple hundred bulk packs when they were on sale for under $25).

Now if I can modify this Spikes dedicated .22 AR upper to get a whole mag through it without malfunction - maybe a dedicated .22 Can on that one will help. It's been a piece of shit since the day I bought it and those shysters at Spikes were no help. I gave up on them when those fuggers told me their unit wouldn't work unless I bought a spring kit from a third party. This was the full auto one and after blowing up a couple mags with OOB detonations, I pretty much gave up on it. I just make sure to point out the SPIKES TACTICAL SUCKS every time i get the chance.

takanaka
April 27, 2014, 14:05
Thanks.

I've been thinking of doing this for my conversions (for compact and subcompact Glocks) for a while.

I had a hell of a time getting the threaded barrel to work with my silencer on the subcompact model. The compact model worked great. On the subcompact, the main issue was not returning to full battery multiple times per magazine. Ended up selling the subcompact kit altogether.

gunplumber
April 28, 2014, 08:49
I got my two in. They work fine.

Normally, a heavy silencer on a browning drop barrel locking system, can prevent cycling. The counterposed mass of the silencer fights the unlocking action of the breech block. But the AA .22 is direct blowback. I fail to see how it could have any effect, other than increasing blowback pressure -- which n a .22 is a good thing.

I'm using a $20 silencer I made from a floor lamp tube and some stainless screen - it's been uniformly quieter than a Gemtech outback II. I've got a Spectre II in for transfer I'll try if I get the customer's permission.

Stranger
June 10, 2014, 07:54
I got my two in. They work fine.

Normally, a heavy silencer on a browning drop barrel locking system, can prevent cycling. The counterposed mass of the silencer fights the unlocking action of the breech block. But the AA .22 is direct blowback. I fail to see how it could have any effect, other than increasing blowback pressure -- which n a .22 is a good thing.

I'm using a $20 silencer I made from a floor lamp tube and some stainless screen - it's been uniformly quieter than a Gemtech outback II. I've got a Spectre II in for transfer I'll try if I get the customer's permission.

Good to hear.