PDA

View Full Version : Recall: Remington 700 X-Mark Pro trigger

MCM
April 13, 2014, 11:05
http://xmprecall.remington.com/#contact

I saw this today and thought I would share. My SPS AAC-SD is one of the rifles the needs to be inspected for excess bonding agent. I watched a video showing a rifle with a round in the chamber going off when putting the safety into the firing position without even touching the trigger.

My rifle has never done that, but I must admit I'm not to happy having to send it in. Anyone ever send in a rifle on a recall and is there any possibility of it getting lost in mail? Never had to do this before so was just wondering.

The recall does include 700 and Model Seven models with the X-Mark Pro trigger.

kmurphy
April 14, 2014, 19:15
I want to ditch that trigger anyhow...

MAINER
April 14, 2014, 19:36
PRODUCT SAFETY WARNING AND RECALL NOTICE

"Remington Arms Company, LLC (“Remington”) is voluntarily recalling Remington Model 700™ and Model Seven™ rifles which were manufactured from May 1, 2006 through April 9, 2014 and which have an X-Mark Pro® (“XMP®”) trigger. All product manufactured after April 9, 2014 is not subject to recall."
.................................................. .................................................. ................................................
Looks like that's exactly what they are recalling.

Mine isn't part of the recall, but I wouldn't send them the danged thing anyway. I might take the trigger ass'y out and send that.

Punch your ser. no. in and get 20% off code for their store. Also good at Remington1816.com whatever that is. Something to check out, maybe they have gone back to selling Elijah's flintlocks again.

EBRfan
April 16, 2014, 19:13
I junked mine for a Timney before I ever even fired it. Money well spent at the time, and now looking even better!

MCM
April 19, 2014, 17:12
PRODUCT SAFETY WARNING AND RECALL NOTICE

"Remington Arms Company, LLC (“Remington”) is voluntarily recalling Remington Model 700™ and Model Seven™ rifles which were manufactured from May 1, 2006 through April 9, 2014 and which have an X-Mark Pro® (“XMP®”) trigger. All product manufactured after April 9, 2014 is not subject to recall."
.................................................. .................................................. ................................................
Looks like that's exactly what they are recalling.

Mine isn't part of the recall, but I wouldn't send them the danged thing anyway. I might take the trigger ass'y out and send that.

Punch your ser. no. in and get 20% off code for their store. Also good at Remington1816.com whatever that is. Something to check out, maybe they have gone back to selling Elijah's flintlocks again.

Thanks Mainer for the advice; sending in just the trigger sounds like a better idea to me.

Sniper7.62x51
April 22, 2014, 14:06
My shop sent out 213 Remington this morning. It was a pain in the ass getting that all done. We have sent thousands of guns out and never have had one lost. Remington is really foing down the toilet these days. I dont see why they dont dump that trigger and install 40x :wink:

Jaxxas
April 22, 2014, 21:55
I've never had any trouble with my trigger though it is part of the recall. When I get the box I'll send it in.

MCM
April 26, 2014, 15:55
http://i196.photobucket.com/albums/aa34/Killjoy71/rem700.jpg (http://s196.photobucket.com/user/Killjoy71/media/rem700.jpg.html)

Sniper7.62x51 if you have sent so many rifles in without any issues I think I will go ahead and do the same. Should I put my Hogue stock back on before I send it in, or is that not a concern? I thought I better remove my scope at least and maybe my scope rings too.