PDA

View Full Version : British FN Hi Power on GB

.30-06
April 07, 2014, 18:36
Not mine, but I thought it would be cool to share with you guys. If someone wins it, post some pictures on here. http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=406651964

Mark IV
April 08, 2014, 14:53
I've seen them on GB for a lot less. Gary Cole has quite a few Brit turn-ins with an E prefix. One of his in that condition would go for about $700. Need to keep checking because he sells a lot and gets in a lot.

.30-06
April 08, 2014, 20:55
does he have any for sale right now?

Mark IV
April 09, 2014, 09:25
go to gunbroker then type fn browning hp35 in the search box and his hi-powers will pop up. He has all kinds of other makes and models, so also hit "view seller's other auctions" too.

spider991
April 09, 2014, 15:01
you can also call him, he is super to deal with as is the girl that answers the phone, she has a superb kentucky souther girl drawwwww...oh my:biggrin:

warden
April 09, 2014, 17:16
:rolleyes:Ahem, issued to S A S, British secret Service. What bullshit. Jus sayin.

fiream29
April 17, 2014, 14:08
you can also call him, he is super to deal with as is the girl that answers the phone, she has a superb kentucky souther girl drawwwww...oh my:biggrin:

Man, I'ma tell you! I don't know who she is, Wife, Daughter, DIL, hired help, whatever, she could sell ice to an Eskimo she decides to. Every time I call I have to say "pardon me?" at least once due to being mesmerized and losing track of the conversation.

Haven't gotten a bad gun from them yet. Good people to do business with.

enbloc8
April 17, 2014, 23:30
:rolleyes:Ahem, issued to S A S, British secret Service. What bullshit. Jus sayin.

There's a reference to it in R. Blake Stevens' book on the High-Power. However, what I wonder is whether they were a custom-serial-number contract or just regular FN production of the time. Had they been intended for special-service use, I imagine the last thing you'd want would be a unique serial block that could be traced back to a purchaser.

(Personally I'm still keeping my fingers crossed for an L9A1....)

Grahamneall
April 18, 2014, 11:29
I could be wrong....but; I don't believe the British SAS is the 'Secret Service' (?).

The S.A.S is the 'Special Air Service'....an elite combat, all-volunteer group who know how to kick serious butt !!

James Bond was Secret Service.........

EX1
April 18, 2014, 13:36
Man I thought this was going to be a L9

enbloc8
April 19, 2014, 09:21
I could be wrong....but; I don't believe the British SAS is the 'Secret Service' (?).

The S.A.S is the 'Special Air Service'....an elite combat, all-volunteer group who know how to kick serious butt !!

James Bond was Secret Service.........

Stevens' book just says "special British Service use, including undercover MI5 units".

Enquiring Minds
April 28, 2014, 17:16
There's also a secretive and too-dirty-for-duh-USA(?) division of large metro/provincial police depts. in the UK (& Commonwealth nations) known officially (if somewhat cryptically) as 'Special Branch' :devil: ... "anti-terrorist" in nature... as in the non-White muslim banging Princess Di is a "terrorist"... or as in "my college-age daughter is shagging a Frenchman, he MUST be a 'tewowist', DEport him!"... nudge-nudge, wink-wink... :cool:

Abominog
April 28, 2014, 17:36
Man I thought this was going to be a L9

Coming from the guy who took the bait when I posted pics of X3 handguards I "found at a garage sale."