PDA

View Full Version : Dr200 question

jam762
March 27, 2014, 22:10
What is the threaded hole on the underside of the upper, just in front of the magwell and posterior to the bbl pin? The rifle is a DR200 that I bought a couple of years ago. I've shot it, cleaned it & never really noticed the threaded hole until I had it out oogling the FAL HGs that I mod'd/installed on it. Pics can be posted if needed. WTF would this be for?

s0b3
March 27, 2014, 23:39
What is the threaded hole on the underside of the upper, just in front of the magwell and posterior to the bbl pin? The rifle is a DR200 that I bought a couple of years ago. I've shot it, cleaned it & never really noticed the threaded hole until I had it out oogling the FAL HGs that I mod'd/installed on it. Pics can be posted if needed. WTF would this be for?

it has a threaded screw that is used to hold the barrel in place.

jam762
March 28, 2014, 08:37
So the screw is missing?

jam762
March 28, 2014, 09:07
I went to DRP & found this:

http://daewoorifleparts.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=4&products_id=111

So the above is installed just behind the roll pin & retains the roll pin? The threads are on the inside of The bbl fixing pin(blind threaded)? Am I understanding this correctly and my rifle isn't missing anything?

Thanks,
jam

s0b3
March 28, 2014, 20:20
I went to DRP & found this:

http://daewoorifleparts.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=4&products_id=111

So the above is installed just behind the roll pin & retains the roll pin? The threads are on the inside of The bbl fixing pin(blind threaded)? Am I understanding this correctly and my rifle isn't missing anything?

Thanks,
jam

never taken one apart. i think member moses might know since he's pulled a few barrels.

Twizdd
March 30, 2014, 11:37
If you were to see the other end of the pins you posted the link to, you'd see the threads inside that you are asking about. The ends you see in that pic from DRP is the end that goes in first. To remove that pin (for barrel removal) you have to thread a bolt or screw into it in order to pull it out. They are tight and it takes a bit of leverage to remove them. It doesn't sound like you are missing any parts, just a barrel retention setup that more than a few people are not familiar with. Just had mine apart for some barrel work and just got it put back together or I'd post some pics to better show ya.

jam762
March 30, 2014, 12:21
Thanks Twiz,

I figured as much after seeing the pic at DRP and a closer inspection of the pin in the upper. Nothing is loose, it was just an "oh shit" moment when I saw it.

Thanks for the input gentlemen.

If you were to see the other end of the pins you posted the link to, you'd see the threads inside that you are asking about. The ends you see in that pic from DRP is the end that goes in first. To remove that pin (for barrel removal) you have to thread a bolt or screw into it in order to pull it out. They are tight and it takes a bit of leverage to remove them. It doesn't sound like you are missing any parts, just a barrel retention setup that more than a few people are not familiar with. Just had mine apart for some barrel work and just got it put back together or I'd post some pics to better show ya.