PDA

View Full Version : Colt Official Police-Post War ?

Powderfinger
March 25, 2014, 13:21
Prices are ridiculous now days for even fair condition samples of most any widely made, mundane DA revoler, Colt or S&W, IMO.
I checked out an Official Police but didn't buy it because I'm not sure what it's worth- .38 Special, 4" barrel, checkered wood grips.
Function and lock up are excellent. Bore very good, Condition of hand, bolt, cylinder notches and bolt stop notches are excellent. The problem is cosmetic. It has some frame corrosion/light pitting in several areas. Looks like someone kept it behind the seat of his pickup for 20 years and forgot to oil it down. :(
What is a fair price?

Retired Bum
March 25, 2014, 15:05
A "fair" price would be around $300 IMO for that Colt OP. But dealers aren't asking fair prices for any Colt revolver these days. It depends on how badly you want it.

And so it goes.

The Retired One

Powderfinger
March 25, 2014, 16:40
A "fair" price would be around $300 IMO for that Colt OP. But dealers aren't asking fair prices for any Colt revolver these days. It depends on how badly you want it.

And so it goes.

The Retired One
I had a hunch you would respond. ;)
It could have brought it home from a gunshow for $335.
Want and need are 2 different things. I wanted it because I've never had a Colt revolver.
I suppose a hard core collector would consider it sacrilege to re-finish. I thought it would make a good candidate for some hobby gunsmithing.

MontanaGrant
March 27, 2014, 15:42
Revolver prices have skyrocketed in the last year, even on cheapies like the Brazilian surplus .38's.

Think people are realizing they shoot slower and slower=cheaper for them :D