PDA

View Full Version : My favorite sig

riffraff2
March 24, 2014, 09:36
P 239 SAS with Hogue finger grove grips. Small enough to CC and with +P's(Hornady Critical Defense) I feel well armed. The Sig night sights are the best I have ever seen. Very bright and large. Sig did the right thing with their night sights. They are the best IMO. All other Sigs, well, they just don't trip my trigger.

Thank You Sig for sticking with metal handguns and staying away from *plastic*.

lawdog
March 24, 2014, 11:03
Oh, they've begun dabbling in plastic plenty. P250, SP2009/2022, and some new striker fired monstrosity soon to be released.

SIG just had the good sense to keep going with the metal framed pistols and to keep developing new metal framed ones.

I found the modularity of the P250 to be an odd thing. In order to swip and swap barrels and slides, you had to pay almost as much as buying a new pistol. Never saw the point to not doing just that.

Now they're back and doing the same thing with a striker fired modular "one frame does all" pistol. Again, just not getting it.

That 239 has always appealed to me and I kick myself for not buying one on the cheap when CDNN was blowing out the ones with the threaded barrels.

Still love a slide marked "Made in W. Germany" myself.

Sijones
March 24, 2014, 13:17
So far as I know the P239 is strictly an American pistol. Don't believe there are any "made in W Germany" 239s. Its a "meh" pistol until you put either the Hogue finger grooves or the Crimson Trace grips on it. When you do it transforms the pistol into a fine "precision sized" personal weapon. Shoots like a big gun. Packs easily. In 357 Sig its a great "if I could only keep one" pistol. Especially with the plus one mag. Second only to the P210 in accuracy amongst Sigs, generally speaking.

lawdog
March 24, 2014, 19:18
Yeah, pretty aware that Germany reunited before the 239. The comment was to note my affection for older SIGs.

metalreptile
April 01, 2014, 09:39
Still love a slide marked "Made in W. Germany" myself.

+100! :biggrin::biggrin: