PDA

View Full Version : Fal Files Data Compromise

gunplumber
March 10, 2014, 20:56
To http://www.falfiles.com/

e-mail from doina@kinda.clb.pw
We are manufacture and selling phone accessories over 10 years.
The main products are power banks and charging cable for all kinds of smartphones.

We supply universal power bank and cellphone chargers with good quality and very competitive price. All our power pack are CE and ROHS certified. Hope to be a partner of your company!

For more informations about our products, pls visit our website.

A tale of two stock adapters: Stormwerkz vs. ACE comparison - The ...

shlomo
March 10, 2014, 22:15
To http://www.falfiles.com/

e-mail from doina@kinda.clb.pw
We are manufacture and selling phone accessories over 10 years.
The main products are power banks and charging cable for all kinds of smartphones.

We supply universal power bank and cellphone chargers with good quality and very competitive price. All our power pack are CE and ROHS certified. Hope to be a partner of your company!

For more informations about our products, pls visit our website.

They probably have you figured for an easy Mark. :|

gunplumber
March 11, 2014, 09:01
They probably have you figured for an easy Mark. :|

Punny . .. . once, I did Halloween looking like a pirate. People would say - nice Pirate costume. To which I'd reply, I'm a Privateer . . . here's my letter of Marque." They didn't get it.

TenTea
March 11, 2014, 09:09
Is this hi-brow or lo-brow or eyebrow?

gunplumber
March 11, 2014, 09:15
Is this hi-brow or lo-brow or eyebrow?

I suspect that shlomo can spell high and low. I know I can. Stay on the porch, junior.

W.E.G.
March 11, 2014, 09:15
What am I supposed to be seeing here?

gunplumber
March 11, 2014, 09:27
I received a spam e-mail with a Fal Files thread as the subject line, and included in the body.

Therefore, I assume the spammer is mining contact data from FalFiles.com

shlomo
March 11, 2014, 09:33
Punny . .. . once, I did Halloween looking like a pirate. People would say - nice Pirate costume. To which I'd reply, I'm a Privateer . . . here's my letter of Marque." They didn't get it.

Mighta flown if you'd gone as a machinist, carried a manila envelope, and arrogantly told 'em "It's my bastard file".

TenTea
March 11, 2014, 09:37
Punny . .. .{snip} They didn't get it.

I was referring to the above.

I suspect that shlomo can spell high and low. I know I can. Stay on the porch, junior.

I'm old, I'm obtuse, I like the porch and my spelling is nearly impeccable (as is yours and his)...I'll leave you be.

shlomo
March 11, 2014, 09:45
I was referring to the above.

I'm old, I'm obtuse, I like the porch and my spelling is nearly impeccable (as is yours and his)...I'll leave you be.

Don't mind him. He's cranky and lactose intolerant. Except for the lactose part.

If yer gonna get in the ring with him, ya gotta learn how to breakdance between the cudgel shots.

TenTea
March 11, 2014, 09:59
:D

Don't mind him. He's cranky and lactose intolerant. Except for the lactose part.

If yer gonna get in the ring with him, ya gotta learn how to breakdance between the cudgel shots.

Hurts me head!
If I could just find my yoga mat, I would practice more often...

W.E.G.
March 11, 2014, 10:41
I want to examine the message header.

Forward it to me.

I received a spam e-mail with a Fal Files thread as the subject line, and included in the body.

Therefore, I assume the spammer is mining contact data from FalFiles.com

gunplumber
March 11, 2014, 11:02
won't let me forward or cut and paste to webmaster@falfiles.com. Says it doesn't comply with server standards.

brunop
March 11, 2014, 14:41
Mighta flown if you'd gone as a machinist, carried a manila envelope, and arrogantly told 'em "It's my bastard file".

:rofl:

There's good, and then there's Good. That one's the latter.

W.E.G.
March 11, 2014, 14:53
won't let me forward or cut and paste to webmaster@falfiles.com. Says it doesn't comply with server standards.

I'm not the webmaster.
I have no idea where those emails go.
Probably to a data file that's not enabled.

You have my real email address don'tcha?

gunplumber
April 19, 2014, 09:25
still getting spam with falfiles subject lines

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: A tale of two stock adapters: Stormwerkz vs. ACE comparison -
The ...
Date: Sat, 19 Apr 2014 14:31:07 +0800
Reply-To: sales@eserpower.com
To: gunplumber@arizonaresponsesystems.com

Dear http://www.falfiles.com/

We supply innovative products to our customers. Our products catalog
currently includes USB charging cable, universal power pack, wall
charger and other cellphone accessories.

Color Noodle flat cable, micro usb, 30pin iPhone4 and 8pin iPhone5 are
all available.
9 color for choice

if you have a specific need or if you are interested in other
electronic solutions, feel free to contact us.

ALL FAL
April 19, 2014, 18:17
Those scammer spammers, wouldn't ya just love to choke em out with their own cables, make a bolo out of 3-5 wall chargers, the wrap around, thump, is fun.
Most folks try to make an honest living, some ways are just not right. I'm glad you are on it Mark.

shlomo
April 19, 2014, 18:21
Those scammer spammers, wouldn't ya just love to choke em out with their own cables, make a bolo out of 3-5 wall chargers, the wrap around, thump, is fun.
Most folks try to make an honest living, some ways are just not right. I'm glad you are on it Mark.

I can see that we're gonna have to have a piņata party at Oregon FAL gathering, and let you use a flamethrower on it. You got some pent up feelings you gotta get out. :p

gunplumber
April 19, 2014, 19:21
Some of these spammers are in the gun industry - and when I reply with "f-ck you and your illegal spam!" they get all butt-hurt. "You're so rude, Mr. Graham." Sorry, asshole, but I have no obligation to be polite to criminals.

The telemarketers are worse. Over a hundred calls from Sun West Solar. I've filed complaints with the FTC, the FCC, all three of my congresscritters, and the Sheriff's Department. Nobody gives a shit. But if I called some girl 100 times after she told me to stop, I'd be in jail for harassment.

I yearn for the gold old days when I could go down to their telemarketing center with a baseball bat and explain to them the error of their ways. Now, if I were to do that, they'd find some way to make me the bad guy.

shlomo
April 19, 2014, 19:25
Well, you ARE rude, Mr. Graham.

You think of it as forthright.

We don't allow no pussy-footin' 'round heah. :biggrin:

ALL FAL
April 19, 2014, 19:31
I can see that we're gonna have to have a piņata party at Oregon FAL gathering, and let you use a flamethrower on it. You got some pent up feelings you gotta get out. :p

Hehe, ya could be right, would the said pinata be of my favorite Politico? :]

gunplumber
April 20, 2014, 08:57
Is a cop being rude when he slaps on the cuffs? Is it rude to punch a pick-pocket in the nose? I'm not seeing it - exactly how can one be rude when responding to a criminal action? The spammer/telemarketer is knowingly and willing in violation of federal law - by definition a criminal. "F-ck you and I hope you die!" works as a canned response.

And yes, I really truly deep down hope those f-ckers die. It would only take a few hundred before the others found other employment.

riffraff2
April 20, 2014, 10:03
Many here are men born to late. We would have been much happier in an earlier period of human history.

shlomo
April 20, 2014, 10:28
Is a cop being rude when he slaps on the cuffs? Is it rude to punch a pick-pocket in the nose? I'm not seeing it - exactly how can one be rude when responding to a criminal action? The spammer/telemarketer is knowingly and willing in violation of federal law - by definition a criminal. "F-ck you and I hope you die!" works as a canned response.

And yes, I really truly deep down hope those f-ckers die. It would only take a few hundred before the others found other employment.

:) As noted above, I get your perspective. Ain't even sayin' it's the wrong one.

Just sayin' that you are not known for the subtlety of your social skills. :biggrin:

gunplumber
April 20, 2014, 10:30
Yeah, like b in bowling ball, not the b in subtle.

shlomo
April 20, 2014, 10:32
Yeah, like b in bowling ball, not the b in subtle.

Or in BaseBall Bat. :p

fry
May 09, 2014, 00:39

that made me laugh out loud.

justashooter
May 09, 2014, 11:49
i am not worthy of the proverbial cudgel shlomo has bestowed upon me. henceforth consider it tendered to the bastard for his file.

shlomo
May 11, 2014, 09:39
i am not worthy of the proverbial cudgel shlomo has bestowed upon me. henceforth consider it tendered to the bastard for his file.

I have not bestowed thee with the cudgel, which is for the GP alone to wield.

You are hereby endowed with this, as the only guy here who I suspect is crankier than I am.

http://www.generatorsales.com/stats/09912/parts_main/hand_crank_handle.jpg

:beer:

gunplumber
May 12, 2014, 20:46
feeling "cranky" shlomo?

shlomo
May 12, 2014, 20:58
Feeling, hell. I AM cranky. It must be genetic. My Old Man, God rest his soul, was the crankiest man in his dotage that I ever saw. He had thirty years on me, and I am well ahead of the pace needed to catch him.

I'm just tellin' it like it is.

Topbanana
May 12, 2014, 21:32
You ever post your email in full on this website bright boy?

L Haney
May 13, 2014, 06:00

Would that be 'cranky bastard with portfolio?'