PDA

View Full Version : Need factory grips for S&W 19

Mark IV
March 08, 2014, 23:30
Just picked up a P&R model 19-4 nickel. Super nice piece.

Has aftermarked rosewood grips and I want the original target square butt grips. Anyone have an extra pair laying around? Will post WTB on MP, but wanted to ask you guys first.

Let me know what'cha got.

badt00d
March 21, 2014, 13:38
Did you find grips? I have some from an old pre model 10, don't know if this is what you are looking for.

Mark IV
March 21, 2014, 14:47
Mine is a square butt K frame. Have pics?

These are the kind I'm looking for,
http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d130/connie82/model19grips_zpse20beaa2.jpg (http://s34.photobucket.com/user/connie82/media/model19grips_zpse20beaa2.jpg.html)

badt00d
March 21, 2014, 20:16
No sorry, not like that.

jugrunner
March 21, 2014, 20:22
I believe the grips with the "speed loader" cut would be correct for a 19-4 ... that's what's in the pic you posted ... they go on ebay for reasonable $$$ compared with the older ones ...

back in the day ... people had to have "rubber" of some flavor on their "Smith" ... now they search for the original wood ... Imagine that ... :eek:

These are nice: ... http://www.ebay.com/itm/Smith-Wesson-K-L-Frame-Target-Grips-Original-Vintage-/281290169513?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item417e335ca9

ETA: I do have a beautiful pair of K-Frame Target grips ... sadly they are too old for your pistola ... :biggrin:

mine are of this era: ... but much better lookin'

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Smith-Wesson-Original-K-Frame-Diamond-Target-Grips-With-Screw-/131143950699?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1e88c9e16b

genmeagher
March 21, 2014, 20:44
I have those on a K-Frame Model Model 19 .357 Combat Masterpiece.

Yes, as the 'Runner said, they have the speed loader cuts. Great grips.

I love S&W wheelguns. As 'Runner said...there's no place for rubber on a Smith. Wood, steel, brass, lead, copper, powder and a smidge of oil.

Good luck in your search.

Timber Wolf
March 22, 2014, 10:26
IAs 'Runner said...there's no place for rubber on a Smith. Wood, steel, brass, lead, copper, powder and a smidge of oil.

Uh, no. I calling BS. Maybe if your guns are for lookin' at, but for actual shooting rubber has a place. My 19 snubbies are no fun a-tall to shoot magnums out of with the factory grips. With some little Pach compacts they are not only aweet packing little revos but pussycat shooters as well.

jugrunner
March 22, 2014, 14:13
Uh, no. I calling BS. Maybe if your guns are for lookin' at, but for actual shooting rubber has a place. My 19 snubbies are no fun a-tall to shoot magnums out of with the factory grips. With some little Pach compacts they are not only aweet packing little revos but pussycat shooters as well.

might be time to sell 'em if ya can't handle 'em ... :shades: ... or trade 'em ... :wink:

DJ
March 22, 2014, 15:37

My 28 came with little itty bitty grips from the factory. It warn't no fun at all with hot loads. I like wood on my guns so I bought a pair of Herrett's grips and put on it. Tamed her right down.

genmeagher
March 22, 2014, 17:58
might be time to sell 'em if ya can't handle 'em ... :shades: ... or trade 'em ... :wink:

Maybe trade 'em for a .22 or a .177 Beeman!

Joking...my wheel guns are for sport and fun but not for carry. I can afford a bruised palm here and there.

The .357 does have some muzzle whip but I do love that pistol.

Mark IV
March 23, 2014, 00:04
Thanks Jug. Ebay has the price gammut on those grips. I guess $20 isn't going to cut it :)

jugrunner
March 24, 2014, 14:20
Thanks Jug. Ebay has the price gammut on those grips. I guess $20 isn't going to cut it :)

nope ... the $20 days are gone ... :wink: ... those sold for around $60 ... not bad for a pair in great shape ... look for some that need a re-finish ... might get a deal ...

Or ... watch "Newly listed" ... sometimes find a good pair for a good BIN price ... :wink: ... shouldn't give away my secrets but ... you're a good friend !!

all others step away ... back off ... nothing to see here ... :wink:

Mark IV
March 25, 2014, 18:02
nope ... the $20 days are gone ... :wink: ... those sold for around $60 ... not bad for a pair in great shape ... look for some that need a re-finish ... might get a deal ...

Or ... watch "Newly listed" ... sometimes find a good pair for a good BIN price ... :wink: ... shouldn't give away my secrets but ... you're a good friend !!

all others step away ... back off ... nothing to see here ... :wink:

LOL. Got overbid on a nice pair yesterday on ebay, but still plenty to choose from.

yellowhand
March 26, 2014, 23:47
LOL. Got overbid on a nice pair yesterday on ebay, but still plenty to choose from.

Just sent ya a couple of pm's