PDA

View Full Version : YEA!!!!!

DYNOMIKE
February 16, 2014, 09:37
It's here, took about 11 mo but one of my TAX stamps is back..
This one is for my LWRC SBR Lower which I'll pick up this week...

Soon as I get it home I'll post up some pics but it look like I need to get my next .300BLK Upper rolling..

This one will of course be VERY short & EVIL.. :devil:

Slo cat
February 16, 2014, 15:24
I need to get my next .300BLK Upper rolling..

This one will of course be VERY short & EVIL.. :devil:

Good to see, Mike. I like evil guns. Neither of us belong to the PC crowd.

Regards, Slo cat

L Haney
February 16, 2014, 18:07
Been a while and they ain't cashed my check yet.

I'm sure the government healthcare will be more efficient. Seeing as the guys at the NFA branch are just starting out too.

ETA: PC huh? Heh. We could start a small chain of cahoots. Oh wait....

DYNOMIKE
February 16, 2014, 19:19
SWEET!!!
Things got 50% better today as I received a text from a Bud at the shop.
Seems my other Tax Stamp arrived in yesterday's mail.... :wink:

BTW, for anyone interested it took about 11 months..

Scott S
February 17, 2014, 18:57
Mine took about 11 months, too, though it would have been faster had not the stamp gone missing in transit. I had to request a certified copy, and that extended my wait. I'm running a 10.2" Noveske tube. What barrel you planning on installing, Mike? Obligatory pic:

http://i1103.photobucket.com/albums/g465/sms355/blackoutsbrscrubbed_zpsda6669cd.jpg

DYNOMIKE
February 17, 2014, 20:17
Rifle looks great Scott, I also saw the PIC on one of the .300BLK threads.. I'm sure the NOVESKE barrel will shoot very well indeed... They make really nice stuff no doubt..

I'm not 100% decided on the barrel or length just yet, while I very much like the NOVESKE option (and might go that route "IF" I cvan do barrel or Upper only) I'm still open to other choices and suggestions?....

My plan is to begin gathering the parts very soon since I my CAN is ready for pick-up..

To be honest I'm surprised it took 11 months, I had no snags nor issues and went with the TRUST before there where any changes made... I had checked the progress a couple times and knew it was progressing but of course I had to wait it out..

I went with the SUREFIRE SOCOM762-MG suppressor as it's main application will be for my LaRue OBR.. I know it's NOT an MG but the can will take anything I throw at it and works really well.. The price I paid also helped make the decision a little easier.. ;)
http://www.surefire.com/socom762-mg.html
It will be a bit big and heavy when used on the .300BLK SBR but it will work fine I'm sure.. With the Surefire MD a good part of the suppressor goes over the MD and barrel so it shouldn't add enough length to really matter if I go with something at or near that 10" barrel length..

dtom29
February 18, 2014, 04:39
My CMMG 8.5 upper works very well.....

Scott S
February 18, 2014, 11:15
I decided on the 10.2" tube because at the time I bought my suppressor, the can was rated for no shorter than 10.5". (I figured a quarter inch too short wouldn't make any difference.) Now I see that YHM rates the can down to 8.5 inches on 300 Blackout, so in hindsight, I wish I had gone a little shorter. The 10.2 isn't cumbersome, but it's not quite as compact as I thought it would feel. I wanted the Noveske for the 1/7" twist so I can shoot Sierra 240s or any other really long bullets that are available in the future for subs.

I'm surprised my stamp took as long as it did, too. Before the shutdown, I expected it in October.

The stamp for my can, still pending, was delayed for about two months because the BATF lost the $200 check and my dealer had to resubmit my paperwork. I'm crossing my fingers that I see the stamp by May.

Warbirds Custom Guns
February 19, 2014, 22:36
Rifle looks great Scott, I also saw the PIC on one of the .300BLK threads.. I'm sure the NOVESKE barrel will shoot very well indeed... They make really nice stuff no doubt..

I'm not 100% decided on the barrel or length just yet, while I very much like the NOVESKE option (and might go that route "IF" I cvan do barrel or Upper only) I'm still open to other choices and suggestions?....

My plan is to begin gathering the parts very soon since I my CAN is ready for pick-up..

To be honest I'm surprised it took 11 months, I had no snags nor issues and went with the TRUST before there where any changes made... I had checked the progress a couple times and knew it was progressing but of course I had to wait it out..

I went with the SUREFIRE SOCOM762-MG suppressor as it's main application will be for my LaRue OBR.. I know it's NOT an MG but the can will take anything I throw at it and works really well.. The price I paid also helped make the decision a little easier.. ;)
http://www.surefire.com/socom762-mg.html
It will be a bit big and heavy when used on the .300BLK SBR but it will work fine I'm sure.. With the Surefire MD a good part of the suppressor goes over the MD and barrel so it shouldn't add enough length to really matter if I go with something at or near that 10" barrel length..

Are you saying you didn't specify barrel length or over all length on the ATF form 1 ??

In order to legally own an SBR, one must first identify what the specifications of what the SBR will be. Specifically, you will need to actually identify what firearm you will turn into an SBR in order to register the serial number and the actual overall length of the firearm, make, model, caliber, etc. As an example, if you own an AR rifle (a rifle with a barrel 16″ or greater) and you want to shorten the barrel, you will need to have a serial number and decide how short you want the barrel

2barearms
February 19, 2014, 23:00
He bought the Lower on a Form 4.

DYNOMIKE
February 21, 2014, 14:50
Couple PICS when I get home but it's all mine now...
Lower looks great (I of course already knew that) but had kinda forgotten that it came W/a VLTOR stock, a MAGPUL MIAD P/G, and one P-MAG..

Wonder how patient I can be choosing the S/B Upper?? :shades:

Hope to pick up the Surefire Suppressor next week, if not sooner..

DYNOMIKE
February 22, 2014, 12:09
Not a very good PIC but all I can get for now...
http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj295/DYNOMIKE_photos/photo_zpscd931d70.jpg (http://s275.photobucket.com/user/DYNOMIKE_photos/media/photo_zpscd931d70.jpg.html)

DYNOMIKE
March 29, 2014, 19:04
I another thread I note an issue was found with the Suppressor I bought...
It was the WRONG one and won't work for my application which as one might imagine cause me serious concerns..
Paying the TAX stamp Fee and waiting 11mo to get my can only to find out it was wrong was pretty much a nightmare..

However after reading over/through the very specific ATF rules and regs regarding Class III transfers we found a recourse....

Sooooo now I'm in a much better place and have already secured the "correct" can and am submitting this p/work via E-File.
It should come back much faster then the last one... :)

Stranger
March 31, 2014, 11:41
He bought the Lower on a Form 4.

Yes, and on the Form 4 there is a little box that specifies the SBR barrel length.

It doesn't really matter. As long as he has an upper with the correct length of barrel it isn't an issue. The ATF long ago determined that a non-permanent barrel length change is permissible.