PDA

View Full Version : Stanag Magazines???

Canuckienns
February 08, 2014, 08:35
Speaking of Steyr mags, I was wondering if anybody has any info on the future new AUG A3 USA that will accept Stanag magazines?

Tankdriver
February 08, 2014, 21:15
They are available now. I have not used one, so not sure if they have any real advantage other than if you already have a bunch of AR15 mags you want to use. Although, it has been around for quite a few years, no military has thought that it was better than the Steyr mag to swap over to.

gunhand
February 10, 2014, 07:07
I have a A3 with the NATO stock. It so far has used every type AR mag I have tried, including PMags and a Surefire 60 round mag.

I also got the proprietary stock with my rifle since a had a lot of AUG mags left over from my time with U.S. Customs.

I just like the idea of being able to use a variety of magazines with one rifle. The change over takes less than a minute.

SWOHFAL
February 11, 2014, 02:23
They are available now. I have not used one, so not sure if they have any real advantage other than if you already have a bunch of AR15 mags you want to use. Although, it has been around for quite a few years, no military has thought that it was better than the Steyr mag to swap over to.

More like the ability to use what's available as the RKBA climate changes in the coming years. I hear folks say the Steyr mags are better than STANAG, but I know which will still be able to be found 20 years down the road.

Tankdriver
February 11, 2014, 09:22
More like the ability to use what's available as the RKBA climate changes in the coming years. I hear folks say the Steyr mags are better than STANAG, but I know which will still be able to be found 20 years down the road.

I agree with what your saying. And my A3, or A3 M1 I think will have a NATO stock on it.