PDA

View Full Version : Taurus 941

geno929
February 01, 2014, 11:20
So, I was at the local gun show last weekend. Found a little Taurus 941 in .22 Mag., 8 shots, dark blue with a nice rubber grip. I can't wait to shoot it. Does anyone have any experience with this weapon? Any advice? Thanks.

Timber Wolf
February 01, 2014, 21:05
I don't know anything personally, but my FFL bought three blued 6" Taurus .22 LR revolvers a few years back. One for himself, one for his brother, and the third for a friend of their's. Two of the three had to go back to Taurus for repair right out of the box. Timing issues as I recall. I have a small older .22 Taurus revolver that is plum sloppy but shoots pretty good though.

JAB75
February 03, 2014, 16:08
I had a 941 stainless with a 6" barrel. I was thoroughly disappointed with it, and traded it off.

The double action trigger pull was horrendous. A half pull would index the cylinder completely and the movement was very gritty. More than once, rounds were bypassed because of a shooters lack of DA follow through. Some cleaning and tuning helped, but never really improved it by much.

Single action trigger pulls were tolerable, and accuracy was acceptable for casual shooting.

YMMV

-JAB75