PDA

View Full Version : New AUG A3 M1 comming in April.....

Tankdriver
February 01, 2014, 02:04
Looks good......:exclaim:

You can remove mount, and install a rail.......

http://i908.photobucket.com/albums/ac287/tankdrive/Steyr%20AUG/Steyr-AUG-A3-SF.jpg (http://s908.photobucket.com/user/tankdrive/media/Steyr%20AUG/Steyr-AUG-A3-SF.jpg.html)

http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3771/12059924824_a428d8b2f2_z.jpg

bubbaguns
February 01, 2014, 04:51
Voltor is making the AUG now?

moonbat60
February 01, 2014, 08:50
No, bubba, only the receiver. Barrels are made by FNH USA.

Tankdriver
February 01, 2014, 09:39
They are making just the receiver, FN USA is making the barrels, and Steyr is doing the rest. Steyr just moved into a new place in AL.

TRUSSVILLE, Ala. (Dec.18, 2013) Steyr Arms has announced that it will be fully operational in its newly acquired 33,000 sq./ft. headquarters complex in Bessemer, Ala., after the holiday break. A wholly owned subsidiary of Steyr Mannlicher and the sole importer of Steyr, Merkel and Anschutz sporting firearms, Steyr Arms has purchased its new U.S. home, and it will be fully functional in its new location on Jan. 2, 2014.

The new facility boasts 25,000 sq./ft of warehouse and manufacturing space, 5,000 sq./ft. of office space, a state-of-the-art firearms testing range and a spectacular 3,000 sq./ft. firearms showroom. This showroom will be the largest and most encompassing display of Steyr, Merkel and Anschutz firearms anywhere in the world.

VLTOR is a company best known for making very high quality machined firearm accessories such as quad rails, gas blocks, muzzle devices, and more but they have recently tooled up to produce the Steyr AUG with great oversight from Steyr engineers. Just by looking at the receiver you can tell that VLTOR is working hard to protect its name as a maker of quality products.

bubbaguns
February 01, 2014, 11:00
CAN steyr produce it in AL or was it cheaper to farm it out to Vltor? What was the name of that other company that was producing the Aug a3?

Tankdriver
February 01, 2014, 11:32
Steyr is making them, the receiver is all that VLTOR is making.

Sabre Defense is who was making the receivers, before they were shut down by the FEDS.

bubbaguns
February 01, 2014, 11:54
Somebody explain something to me. Bubba's machine shop produces AR lowers for 20 different companies. They are not marked on them anywhere " bubba's machine shop". Bubba's machine shop also produce for 10 other companies with that companies name and bubba's name on them. What's the difference and I wonder why steyr is letting someone else put their name on it.

Bubba

lowprone
February 01, 2014, 12:29
How very interesting, I have a 905 series 20" green rifle that I am inordinately
fond of.

Andy the Aussie
February 01, 2014, 16:15
Aussie version has more "cheese grater" .....:whistling: :rolleyes:

http://i997.photobucket.com/albums/af98/Andy_the_Aussie/Guns/1360862215_zps53db47ec.jpg (http://s997.photobucket.com/user/Andy_the_Aussie/media/Guns/1360862215_zps53db47ec.jpg.html)

moonbat60
February 01, 2014, 18:45
I like the Aussie version, but I'll doubt if it'll ever be for sale here in the US.

LE or military might grab some, but civilian legal might not fly.............

Thorack
February 01, 2014, 21:04
Hmmm,

Looks alot like my A2 Steyr AUG. I can change out the Swarovski sight with a low rail.

Thorack

Tankdriver
February 01, 2014, 21:14
They did copy some things off the A2 for sure.

Tankdriver
February 01, 2014, 21:15
Aussie version has more "cheese grater" .....:whistling: :rolleyes:

http://i997.photobucket.com/albums/af98/Andy_the_Aussie/Guns/1360862215_zps53db47ec.jpg (http://s997.photobucket.com/user/Andy_the_Aussie/media/Guns/1360862215_zps53db47ec.jpg.html)

You can't swap barrels on that one if I remember correctly. I just purchased a 16" for my A1.....

Tankdriver
February 02, 2014, 11:52
I have been told that the photo is not correct.

The blog says it is the A3 M1.

Well here is a video from the Shot show......

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/V5lb5wmdVFk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

http://youtu.be/V5lb5wmdVFk

AGG
February 02, 2014, 21:20
So . . . GSI ist kaput??? :eek:

Tony

Tankdriver
February 02, 2014, 22:26
So . . . GSI ist kaput??? :eek:

Tony

As far as I know they have not imported anything for several years.

firewalker
February 13, 2014, 14:55
This is what I wanted when they came out with the US/Austrian AUG A3. :p

homelandprotector
February 22, 2014, 13:03
Makes me proud of my Austrian heritage. always wanted an AUG, no I'll have to buy 4 of em, 1 for each of my boys. :wink: Maybe because I own 5 Glocks.

Clear Mags, Quick change barrels, space age looks, yep I need one. (Going up against the Tavor though)

Does the AUG recoil more then an AR ??? or is this guy just wimpy??

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/LvEsHgSwCr0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I want a silenced AUG, these guys are handling the recoil better then the first clip.

Girls with AUG's look particularly hot.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/-K5MYDmTEUM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Tankdriver
February 22, 2014, 18:25
Thanks for the vids. The AUG has very little recoil. He looked like he was not sure how to even work it.

As for as your Austrian heritage, you know this is Steyr's 150th anniversary....:aug:...:bow:

Andy the Aussie
February 22, 2014, 18:49
Thanks for the vids. The AUG has very little recoil. He looked like he was not sure how to even work it.
.... yes, very inexperienced... he needs to lean in and get just a little more aggressive in his management of that rifle.

jollyrogerf14
February 25, 2014, 23:20
.... yes, very inexperienced... he needs to lean in and get just a little more aggressive in his management of that rifle.

Too bad his friend that's letting him shoot a full auto AUG didn't teach him anything about how to do it. Let my wife have at him, she'll square him away! She shoots better and has a better stance than 95% of the guys I know!

For what it's worth, I am in love with my suppressed AUG. She shoots like a dream and looks good doing it. The only down side is how social you end up having to be, answering all the questions at the range... Promoting the sport is hard work :biggrin:

KBAR04
February 26, 2014, 10:29
Hmmm,

Looks alot like my A2 Steyr AUG. I can change out the Swarovski sight with a low rail.

Thorack

Hi Thorack, I also have one of the few AUG A2s in the country. Mine is a 20 inch Green model but I have an extra 16 inch barrel for it as well. Mine has the detatchable Swarovski sight plus the rail. I havent seen many others of these around.

TheRussian
March 02, 2014, 10:44
Hi Thorack, I also have one of the few AUG A2s in the country. Mine is a 20 inch Green model but I have an extra 16 inch barrel for it as well. Mine has the detatchable Swarovski sight plus the rail. I havent seen many others of these around.

We don't want you here, you sorry assed dishonorable sack of shit.. You are a disgrace to the uniform you wore, and have YET to make right on screwing fuatos.

I mean, you MADE $1000 on it and BLATANTLY screwed him. You sicken me and anyone else that values honor and integrity.

J. Armstrong
March 03, 2014, 16:39
We don't want you here, you sorry assed dishonorable sack of shit.. You are a disgrace to the uniform you wore, and have YET to make right on screwing fuatos.

I mean, you MADE $1000 on it and BLATANTLY screwed him. You sicken me and anyone else that values honor and integrity.

This, +1.

one hand clapping
March 03, 2014, 19:45

Well, look whom crawled out of the swamp- -or should I say-came WALKING DOWN THE TRAIL, dumb f**k rippoiff major FAIL--BOOM-shouldn't walk down trails major-

Ya also should'nt rip-off members for a grand--I spit on your boots.[ in your face if I could]
Now crawl back into the sewage.

One Hand Clapping
!00% service conected- Us army retired- FU*K you PUNK

ALL FAL
March 04, 2014, 02:15
Huh, KBAR04 is still alive? well he will need that AUG when those he has screwed come looking for him, Go away azzhole.

yellowfin
March 19, 2014, 13:51
Now it's a matter of if they'll do one in 6.8.

sturmgrenadiere
March 30, 2014, 22:01
I lucked across an Aussie semi A2 receiver (A1 style charging handle with the removable A1 style optics that I can replace with a rail). Got it for what I think was a steal. Will have to post pics so Andy can tell me about it...

...and man I've been away for a while and evident missed some drama...

Andy the Aussie
March 31, 2014, 01:00
Will have to post pics so Andy can tell me about it... .... it is rubbish.... you should put it in a Hercy Bird and fly it back out here to me for proper disposal... :facepalm: :p:p :aug: