PDA

View Full Version : Hungarian hi power

neilemore
January 20, 2014, 16:00
So I am in need of mag's for my Kassanar Mod MBK- 9HP9mm. DA/SA. Sarco has some P9R's That I believe will work. At $11.65 for 3+. How ever "Absolutely no returns accepted on this item." http://www.e-sarcoinc.com/rpm-hungarianhi-powerp9r9mmcalibermag.aspx So I am reluctant to pull the triger . Looking for feed back on these mag's. Or any other leads. Thanks in advance to the collective wisdom.

308/223shooter
January 20, 2014, 16:03
A no return policy such as that, from a large well established seller, tells me the item is likely junk. At least that has been my experiance.

RCEMERalf
January 20, 2014, 20:57
My understanding is that people were buying these expecting them to fit the Browning HP, which they apparently do not. There was that warning in the Sarco Shotgun News adds. Sarco may just have got tired of all the returns when buyers found they did not fit their Brownings.

Grahamneall
January 21, 2014, 13:57
The P9R is a FEG 15 round mag and will not fit a Browning HP; nor will a Browning HP mag fit the P9R.

Graham.

neilemore
January 25, 2014, 18:27
Well I ordered 3, it came to $40.90 shipped.

bill3542
January 30, 2014, 08:24
the FEG MBK models where a modified pistol. the FEG PJK-9HP are the Browning HP clones and accept Browning HP parts.

I think you will be ok with these, worst case your out 41 bucks.

mnhornet
February 03, 2014, 09:14
So I am in need of mag's for my Kassanar Mod MBK- 9HP9mm. DA/SA. Sarco has some P9R's That I believe will work. At $11.65 for 3+. How ever "Absolutely no returns accepted on this item." http://www.e-sarcoinc.com/rpm-hungarianhi-powerp9r9mmcalibermag.aspx So I am reluctant to pull the triger . Looking for feed back on these mag's. Or any other leads. Thanks in advance to the collective wisdom.

Pretty sure the DA/SA is the FEG P9R. Not really a BHP clone, more like a SW M59 clone/action. You should be good to go.

catmguy445
February 05, 2014, 00:10
Pretty sure the DA/SA is the FEG P9R. Not really a BHP clone, more like a SW M59 clone/action. You should be good to go.

I'm pretty sure that he's right. By the way, I have a set of grips that look brand new for the FEG P9R. They're a blonde wood, but I only have the grips, no grip screws. I bought them because they were advertised as Hi Power grips, which they are not, and since I don't have a P9R, nor do I ever expect to own one, I have no use for them. If you want the grips, let me know where to send them, and they're yours.

neilemore
February 08, 2014, 22:57
I'm pretty sure that he's right. By the way, I have a set of grips that look brand new for the FEG P9R. They're a blonde wood, but I only have the grips, no grip screws. I bought them because they were advertised as Hi Power grips, which they are not, and since I don't have a P9R, nor do I ever expect to own one, I have no use for them. If you want the grips, let me know where to send them, and they're yours.
Thank you , PM sent

neilemore
February 08, 2014, 23:14
Brief update. Ordered mag' Saturday 25 January. Arrived Thursday 30. Three mag's individually wrapped in oil paper then placed in a good heavy zip type pouch. The mag's are 10 rd and constructed of metal uppers and a plastic lower. Took to the range today with 50 rds of Tula ammo Mag was flawless. The only issue I had was needing to restrike about 15% of the rounds. Someone may have lightened a spring some time in the past.

Grahamneall
February 10, 2014, 13:03
Possibly the Tula ammo.....?
Just guessing, but not the best around.

neilemore
February 12, 2014, 18:31
Grips arrived today, Thank you. Yes they appear new . Fit 100% and ever so slightly thinner , which I prefer. The ammo will try with different make's tomorrow. Temp tomorrow will be 84f.

neilemore
February 16, 2014, 18:40
Took her out again yesterday, No issues with Winchester/ Speer Lawman, but about 20% of S&B needed a restrike. Ordered sampler pack of hammer springs from wolf, for the S&W 39/59. should work. "Reduced & Extra Power (Stock No. 11412)
This pak contains 1 each of 16, 17, 18, 20, 22 and 23 pound hammer springs listed above for Group A model pistols, allowing complete adjustment of the firearm to individual requirements. " The factory hammer spring for 39/59 is listed as #20.

catmguy445
February 17, 2014, 23:30
Grips arrived today, Thank you. Yes they appear new . Fit 100% and ever so slightly thinner , which I prefer. The ammo will try with different make's tomorrow. Temp tomorrow will be 84f.

You're welcome, Neil. Glad to hear that they arrived quickly, and that they fit your P9R. Since I had nothing they would fit, I'm glad that somebody could get some use out of them. Consider this a "Pay it Forward". If you get a chance to do something nice for a fellow gun guy, do it, even if it takes a little time and effort. What comes around, goes around.