PDA

View Full Version : Good news, the paperwork on my FNC has cleared

aardq
January 18, 2014, 02:19
In Vegas for the Riveria gun show and my wife called to tell me that there was a letter from the SOT. Had her open it and it was the notice that the ATF paperwork had cleared and I can pick up my FNC. Won't be home and able to get it until Thurs, but it will get fired a little that day, snow and cold temps be damned!

Before anyone asks, give me a week and I'll post the appropriate pic.

Dan :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

Sampson1986
January 25, 2014, 11:51
Way to go, bro. :beer: :whiskey:

doneill
January 25, 2014, 12:51
Congratulations! I expect you will be happy with it. I enjoyed shooting one when I had a chance and have regretted not getting one when the getting was better.

Let us know how you like it!

Dave O'Neill

aardq
January 26, 2014, 18:25
Hi guys,

Looks like the pick up will be delayed a little due to a minor heart attack this past Fri. Even when I can get it, the frigid temps, the winds, and the snow may keep me from shooting it for a while. Initial prognosis on my condition is excellent at this time, and the heart cath tomorrow will tell the story.

Dan

DK
January 26, 2014, 22:28
What was your wait time for the paperwork to clear? I'm waiting on a stamp as well.

DK

Falcon
January 26, 2014, 22:52
Dan, hope things go well for you with the heart cath, and take care of yourself...we can wait for the range report.

Scott S
January 27, 2014, 12:34
Congrats on the stamp. Hope the heart cath goes well. Take care.

aardq
January 27, 2014, 20:35
Thanks for the well wishes everyone.

Wait was 11 months with a minor glitch. Gun is in a trust and the trust atty numbered all the pages but the last 2 and that wasn't good enough for the ATF. They wanted the numbered pages sent to go with the rest of the trust papers. Spoke to them an the phone, and she wouldn't ad the numbers to the page bottoms. Supposedly that glitch only added a month to the process.

The heart cath went very well, and they put in 2 stents. Prognosis is excellent, and I get discharged tomorrow! The cardiologists said that there was minimal permanent damage, and the heart may function normally for the rest of my life. They don't expect any future problems as long as I make a few minor adjustments to my diet and activity level.

I'm in SE MI, so a real range report will have to wait a few weeks, but I'll probably burn up a mag or two on a test fire.

Will post a few pic when I get it.

Dan