PDA

View Full Version : Future Value?

ByrnieMac
January 17, 2014, 22:16
I've got a Sig 1911 Blackwater edition, and obviously those aren't made anymore. I got it for $1k brand new. The prices for them spiked to around $1,500 not long after that, and now seem to float around between $1,000 and $1,400..

Any idea if this thing will be worth any real money in the future?

I'm re-evaluating all of my weapons and am curious if this is one I should really hang onto

Mark IV
January 19, 2014, 02:44
There's a couple on Armslist, both with asking prices of $1,300. Have to wait and see if it sells.

http://www.armslist.com/posts/504776/tulsa-oklahoma-handguns-for-sale--sig-blackwater-1911-45-ln

BTW, did you have any feeding problems with the 8 round mags?

SWOHFAL
January 19, 2014, 02:55
I don't know about you, but I have no use for commemoratives or special editions that don't bring anything to the table over standard editions of currently manufactured items. If you can realize 40% profit, take it and buy another model that does the same thing for less.

I rank the collectability of what's just a minor cosmetic embellishment up there with Elvis plates and beanie babies, but explaining why some things become hot and others not so much is beyond anyone's abilities at this point. I'd feel better hanging onto an old Mauser for future appreciation.

ByrnieMac
January 19, 2014, 21:19
This 1911 has been the best that I've owned. It is fantastic. The ONLY issue I ever had with it was with Hornady 230gr TAP FPD +P's. That's the only kind of ammo it didn't like. Other than she's been flawless.

SWOHFAL
January 20, 2014, 01:48
This 1911 has been the best that I've owned. It is fantastic. The ONLY issue I ever had with it was with Hornady 230gr TAP FPD +P's. That's the only kind of ammo it didn't like. Other than she's been flawless.

Would a cheaper Sig 1911 fit the bill? Like I said, take the profit and flip to something similar and cheaper. It wasn't like this pistol was custom-fitted or anything.

SWOHFAL
January 20, 2014, 01:51
and they do seem to be making an attempt at being the Franklin Mint of the firearms world:

http://www.sigsauer.com/CatalogProductList/discontinued-products-discontinued-pistols.aspx

noticed that while looking at their rifles(and there are already a fair number of discontinueds in that not so long in the US line) along with the common discussion of not having the QC they used to have.

I'm hoping they bring the 225 back and the 226 and 220 without that nasty-looking rail as an option.