PDA

View Full Version : Ruger take down .22, anybody have one

Douglas S Graham
January 16, 2014, 17:40
Saw one at the store looks pretty neat. Experiences anyone??

moonbat60
January 16, 2014, 22:20
I've got one since Aug. of 2012. Great little gun.

You just gotta make a good choice reg. the size of the scope / optics you put on it, otherwise it won't fit in the bag.

Mine likes CCI minimags.

pjpjr
January 16, 2014, 22:38
Saw one at the store looks pretty neat. Experiences anyone??
I got one and it is a dandy little shooter. I mounted a Bushnell TRS-25 optic and it fits bag, also added 3 Ruger OEM 25 rd magazines which fit perfectly in outside pouch. Plenty of room for extra ammo and you have a great grab and go package!

puffrbelly
January 17, 2014, 00:40
Greetings,

I got mine last April. It's the Stainless model with the threaded barrel and the mini 14 style flash suppressor. :cool: I'm using a NIKON P-22 ( 2-7X32) with Leupold "Quick Release" scope rings. My wife made an extremely nice padded Roll-Up style case for the scope and when broken down, everything fits nicely inside the factory case for transport. I chose the Leupold rings because of their quality allowing me to remove and reattach the scope while retaining my original settings and ZERO. I dialed her in using Winchester M-22 High Velocity Ammo and she's Good To Go out to 100 yards. :wink: I keep three BX-25's in the lower outside zippered pouch (two are coupled together with a Powers MC-01 Coupler) and two ten round Ruger Factory Magazines along with five hundred of the Winchester M-22's in the top outside zippered pouch. I gotta tell ya, it's a real nice set-up! :biggrin:

Chief Bob
:fal:

Scott V2
January 17, 2014, 06:24
I've sold bunches of them. Nice rifles for sure. My .02 on them is that they are really neat unless you plan on shooting them slung up Appleseed style. Way too much tension on the breakdown joint.

gates
January 24, 2014, 00:30
yeah you have to hand carry it - nice rifles, I like mine.