View Full Version : G3 handgaurd, wii it fit.

January 15, 2014, 19:13
I am interested in a US made compliance handguard on the cheap and I do not want a railed guard. The Penguin FAL seems to get no respect, but I like the looks of the HK G3 slim guards and can get the push-pin and green handguard for $30 bucks, but all plastic.

Having already blown $30 on a set of Izzy HB guards that need a lot of mods to work, I want this next purchase to be the last. Thoughts anyone? Anyone need the Izzys?

January 28, 2014, 08:14
The G3 fits with a little work. It is a little long to clear the bayonet lug base and I had to hacksaw off an 1/8 inch, barely retaining the holes for the pushpin. Once trimmed, it snaps into place. It was a good thing I used a guard with a metal band at the front because all plastic would not have worked.

The pushpin will not work without flattening one side as the gap between the barrel and gas tube is just a smidge close. I used a nut and bolt, which actually keeps the guard from shifting when hand tightened. I will look for a Chicago bolt that will fit for a better overall look.

If someone knows how to load a cell phone pix onto this site I will send a pix to you. I find that the rifle is now comfortable to hold as my hand naturally falls right 2/3s of the way down the guard.