PDA

View Full Version : So I bought myself a belated X-mas gift today

Retired Bum
January 15, 2014, 16:36
I went to a LGS today to take a second look at a single action revolver I had seen on my last visit. The revolver is an Uberti Cimarron Man With No Name .38 Special "conversion" of the Model 1851 .36 Navy.

This piece has the 7.5 inch octagon barrel, a color case hardened frame, and a brass grip frame with the one piece oiled walnut grip. The barrel and cylinder are charcoal blued. It has the loading lever under the barrel which appears to be fixed in place. That is just fine with me because I don't want it working loose under recoil. All in all a very handsome revolver.

I will shoot my handloaded .38 Special 148 grain HBWC rounds in this revolver. No hot loads and no jacketed bullets. It will be interesting to see if this revolver shoots to point of aim. Italian made repro's of the old BP models are somewhat notorious for shooting anywhere but POA. So when it finally warms up enough for some range time I will take this revolver out for its first shoot....

And so it goes.

The Retired One

sweetwine
January 15, 2014, 16:50
That sounds cool, hope it shoots well for you. You are right on point of aim seems like they are sighted in for 100 yards elevation.

Timber Wolf
January 16, 2014, 12:51
Sounds neat. Now you need to get some more cylinders and some leather belt pouches to hold them in case you need to defend some miners from the Marshall and his Deputies.;) I bought a .45 Colt cylinder for my Ruger Old Army lasy year but have never shot, or even installed, it yet.:(

Retired Bum
January 17, 2014, 21:11
I was tinkering with the Cimarron yesterday evening and it turns out I was mistaken about the loading lever being fixed in place. I worked it loose and saw that the lever consisted of two pieces. The front half is used to push out the fired cases out of the opened loading gate. Obviously I won't be doing any speedy reloading with this piece....

Timber Wolf. I have seen the replacement .45 Colt cylinders for the Ruger Old Army revolver. Sounds like a good idea to me. But I have two Colt Single Action Army's chambered for the .45 Colt in the safe. A 7.5 inch 2nd gen and a 4.75 inch 3rd gen. That is enough for me....

And so it goes.

The Retired One

FUUN063
January 18, 2014, 02:32
Hmmm...I never had a repro, but I did have two originals a while back. One was a shooter and the other one kinda' rough that I had found in a wall of a house during a remodel!

Leland