PDA

View Full Version : Citadel 22 M1 carbine?

gunner30
January 12, 2014, 20:26
Any thoughts good or bad? Seen them in a couple of shops but haven't been able to talk to anyone that's owned one yet. Basic question is... Do they run, or should they be avoided?? Also, how about spare mags? Are there any to be had? Thanks. Gunner

ftierson
January 12, 2014, 21:57
Any thoughts good or bad? Seen them in a couple of shops but haven't been able to talk to anyone that's owned one yet. Basic question is... Do they run, or should they be avoided?? Also, how about spare mags? Are there any to be had? Thanks. Gunner

We just got one in at the shop.

I took a look at it because it does look interesting.

What I found was that the ejector is a plastic part of the magazine (part of the left mag lip). Should hold up really well to getting slammed by brass cartridge cases -- NOT...

Regardless of the polymer used for the mag, I'm not interested...

Forrest

gunner30
January 12, 2014, 21:59
Forrest, thanks for the heads up, I didn't even notice that when I fondled it at the local shop.

JackA
January 13, 2014, 20:45
These are a rifle similar to the Iver Johnson / Erma M1 22LR Carbine. I have the Iver Johnson .It will keep a group at 50 yds in about an 1 1/2 with Winchester Super X, feeds like it was hungry, handy size and shoulders well. Mags are a little pricey , but I found a 15rdr at the local fun show for around $50.00 which is the cheapest I have seen in years.:biggrin:

Jack