PDA

View Full Version : SWR Specwar 762 Suppressor

2barearms
January 05, 2014, 19:19
Anyone here have one?

I'm going to get one ordered and papered next week. Seems like a
very rugged multi platform can. Rated for full auto and up to 300 WM.

doneill
January 06, 2014, 22:45
and in 6 months to a year please give us a range report!

2barearms
January 07, 2014, 06:55
and in 6 months to a year please give us a range report!

Good things come to those who wait. If it works as well as advertised it should
be an all around good can. Looks like my regular NFA sales guy doesn't like the
efile deal, so I may go to Radical Firearms and get it worked out.

This one costs around 200.00 more than my SWR Trident 9.

doneill
January 07, 2014, 08:32
Sorry if I sounded a little bitter.

After 4 months my shipping dealer reported that ATF lost the dealer to dealer transfer paperwork for my first 5.56 can. The shipping dealer then e-filed and got quick approval. I'm now at between 6 and 7 months from purchase and waiting for my local dealer to get the paperwork to me to go to my CLEO.

NFA was designed for those who appreciate deferred gratification.

I agree your choice is a good one. I went with a lesser known company (Lane) with a thread mount to save cost. I like their design and hope that the performance is as reported on their website. A .30 can and .30 blackout AR upper or other larger bore rifle are probably in my future so I am seriously interested in your range report when you get your can.

The only good news about the delay is that the stocking dealer offered me a discount if I order from them again as a "sorry" gesture which I appreciated.

2barearms
January 07, 2014, 10:07
That sucks. No offense taken.

I have 2 other cans, one will only fit my M14 (Armscorp) and the other
is an SWR Trident 9. Paperwork door to door was 90 days each. I've got a
Form 1 in the system for an SBR too. I always believed large and loud was
the stuff, now it's short and quiet.

doneill
January 07, 2014, 23:10
A one time I loved making loud noises but that time is past (mostly). Now I too appreciate subtlety.

So far I have not done an SBR. I mounted my CAC9 on a NEF .357 carbine which is nice to shoot but long and muzzle heavy. It is a hoot to shoot. Not movie quiet but nice sounding. Kick is modest but enough to suggest that the round has some oomph. I'm shooting Keith style 158 gr and I guess they are going around 900 fps. If I keep that setup, I will probably SBR it to make it less unwieldy. I would like to integrally suppress it though.

I have an integrally suppressed Stenling Mk 5 done by Andy Blashik, of KGB Arms and it is pretty quiet and well balanced - all around fun.
What state are you in? I'm in PA.

Dave

2barearms
January 08, 2014, 12:12
A one time I loved making loud noises but that time is past (mostly). Now I too appreciate subtlety.

So far I have not done an SBR. I mounted my CAC9 on a NEF .357 carbine which is nice to shoot but long and muzzle heavy. It is a hoot to shoot. Not movie quiet but nice sounding. Kick is modest but enough to suggest that the round has some oomph. I'm shooting Keith style 158 gr and I guess they are going around 900 fps. If I keep that setup, I will probably SBR it to make it less unwieldy. I would like to integrally suppress it though.

I have an integrally suppressed Stenling Mk 5 done by Andy Blashik, of KGB Arms and it is pretty quiet and well balanced - all around fun.
What state are you in? I'm in PA.

Dave

Texas, the most diverse place on earth. Houston has more different cultures than New York or LA.

doneill
January 08, 2014, 22:35
I enjoy Texas when I can get there. I get sent to meetings sometimes and even on a teacher's budget before I was married or between marriages I was sometimes able to extend a few days, rent a car and get around a bit. I went to a meeting in Austin and looked around for a good Barbecue Joint. I met a school teacher whose husband ran the BBQ. She was Anglo and he was Hispanic. The joint was mixed. Beer flowed freely. Food was great, I hung out there for a week. There were a lot of gun guys and I had a lot of good talks. I was offered a few things to take home. I didn't dare take anything on the plane.

I also went down to the river walk area. Lots of friendly folks and women who were willing to dance with a stranger. After the meeting I took a Canadian school marm I'd met on a day trip. Another Canadienne came along and two male Canadians who were after them invited themselves. We visited Magic Mountain then got to the Johnson Ranch after it closed for the day but the rangers gave us a tour by kerosene lamp since they were international visitors.

On the way back we stopped in Fredricksbug for dinner. I knew a bit about it since I'd read Loius Lamour. I passed the restaurant and did a u turn and flashing lights came on. The Canadian gal undid her top blouse button and said, I'll talk to him. It was a lady cop. I talked to her and she let me off with a warning.

I had my first and only wienerschnitzel there. the consensus was that it was good German food. Across the street from the restaurant was a great taxidermy studio. It was a mini American Museum of Natural history. On the sidewalk was the biggest black widow I'd ever seen. I caught it in a cigarette pack and went back to the restaurant to get some tape to seal it to take it back to the lab at school.

Driving back to Austin with the windows down in the warm night the Canadian Gal was next to me , one of the men was on her right and the other two were in the back. i was wearing shorts and felt an insect on my leg. I said "I don't want to alarm anybody but there is something crawling on my leg. I'm going to pull over. I don't want to move much so I'd appreciate it if one of you opened the door so I can see if it is the spider. I pulled over and the light went on and I found a katydid on my leg. I turned to say "its ok, just a grasshopper" but both men were at least 50 ' from the car. The women were still in the car. The women were a bit cold to them after that. Feet of clay were clearly visible. The two women had a lot more fortitude than the men.

My folks were at Fort Sam where my dad got medic and med tech training in 42 and 43. My mom worked as a secretary for an oil man and saw a lot of Texas. I was a lucky kid because very few kids growing up in New England got exposed to Tex-Mex food, loquats, avocados and guacamole in the 50's and 60's.

More recently my son went to school in Lake Charles and I was working with some of the LSU researchers on some projects. I would fly into Houston and drive over to Lake Charles, Jennings and Crowley. I managed to visit the Texas and San jacinto a couple of times. That was a well run battle.

Anyway, enjoy the suppressor. Does Texas allow suppressed hunting? I doubt that will ever happen here.

Dave

2barearms
January 09, 2014, 06:56
:biggrin:I enjoy Texas when I can get there. I get sent to meetings sometimes and even on a teacher's budget before I was married or between marriages I was sometimes able to extend a few days, rent a car and get around a bit. I went to a meeting in Austin and looked around for a good Barbecue Joint. I met a school teacher whose husband ran the BBQ. She was Anglo and he was Hispanic. The joint was mixed. Beer flowed freely. Food was great, I hung out there for a week. There were a lot of gun guys and I had a lot of good talks. I was offered a few things to take home. I didn't dare take anything on the plane.

I also went down to the river walk area. Lots of friendly folks and women who were willing to dance with a stranger. After the meeting I took a Canadian school marm I'd met on a day trip. Another Canadienne came along and two male Canadians who were after them invited themselves. We visited Magic Mountain then got to the Johnson Ranch after it closed for the day but the rangers gave us a tour by kerosene lamp since they were international visitors.

On the way back we stopped in Fredricksbug for dinner. I knew a bit about it since I'd read Loius Lamour. I passed the restaurant and did a u turn and flashing lights came on. The Canadian gal undid her top blouse button and said, I'll talk to him. It was a lady cop. I talked to her and she let me off with a warning.

I had my first and only wienerschnitzel there. the consensus was that it was good German food. Across the street from the restaurant was a great taxidermy studio. It was a mini American Museum of Natural history. On the sidewalk was the biggest black widow I'd ever seen. I caught it in a cigarette pack and went back to the restaurant to get some tape to seal it to take it back to the lab at school.

Driving back to Austin with the windows down in the warm night the Canadian Gal was next to me , one of the men was on her right and the other two were in the back. i was wearing shorts and felt an insect on my leg. I said "I don't want to alarm anybody but there is something crawling on my leg. I'm going to pull over. I don't want to move much so I'd appreciate it if one of you opened the door so I can see if it is the spider. I pulled over and the light went on and I found a katydid on my leg. I turned to say "its ok, just a grasshopper" but both men were at least 50 ' from the car. The women were still in the car. The women were a bit cold to them after that. Feet of clay were clearly visible. The two women had a lot more fortitude than the men.

My folks were at Fort Sam where my dad got medic and med tech training in 42 and 43. My mom worked as a secretary for an oil man and saw a lot of Texas. I was a lucky kid because very few kids growing up in New England got exposed to Tex-Mex food, loquats, avocados and guacamole in the 50's and 60's.

More recently my son went to school in Lake Charles and I was working with some of the LSU researchers on some projects. I would fly into Houston and drive over to Lake Charles, Jennings and Crowley. I managed to visit the Texas and San jacinto a couple of times. That was a well run battle.

Anyway, enjoy the suppressor. Does Texas allow suppressed hunting? I doubt that will ever happen here.

Dave

Dave

You may have seen more of Texas than me at this rate:biggrin:
and Canada too!

They are bring one of them in for me. The next adventure is night vision.

dtom29
January 09, 2014, 21:05
doneill, I grew up in Lake Charles, ended up in Pa. Spent some time in Texas, mostly vacations in Corpus Christi,and San Antonio with ball games in Houston. No point to this post, just interesting that you are from Pa. and find yourself where I come from. Is your son going to McNeese?

Suppressed hunting is already allowed in Pa.