PDA

View Full Version : Need help with M92FS, didnt know where else to post...

.30-06
December 25, 2013, 02:10
Whats the difference aside of the place of mfg? Is there any difference in quality? Which would you get? Thanks

Italian-made M92FS http://www.berettausa.com/products/92-fs-made-in-italy/

American-made http://www.berettausa.com/92fs/

SWOHFAL
December 25, 2013, 04:13
It's thought the Italian versions are better. I don't know if this is valid or not. They keep changing them around, but the Italians are supposed to still have metal parts, not plastic coated. Also should mention the backstrap and dustcover are slightly different between each.

I have an Italian Inox that's about twenty years old, and they no longer list these at the Beretta website, just US-made Inox. I have to say that I've done a lot of reading and it seems that for every several claims of Italian superiority, someone can counter with a US-made that's decent. Probably something esoteric enough that you ought to go to a dedicated Beretta forum to ask which are better currently.

I'd probably get neither if I lived in Kali, as it's a pretty clunky gun to only have 10 shots available and nothing super special. I'd look for a single stack 9mm like a Sig 225 or HK P7 or move up to a .45 and maximize my limit.

nwobhm
December 25, 2013, 04:54
Owned both. The Italian was a little nicer, slicker, smoother...as in more attention to detail.

grumpy1
December 25, 2013, 15:07
I've owned an Italian made 92F that was made around 1990, very good gun and well built. I've also put thousands of rounds through an M9 which were US made and can say that the M9 isn't as polished as the Italian made guns. Also the US made guns have a well earned reputation from having the locking blocks break. I've seen no less than 15 M9s have their locking blocks break. I've not heard of any parts failing on Italian made 92s but there's always a chance for failure.

If your limited to 10 rounds I'd look at a single stack, I got rid of my Beretta because I didn't care for the DA/SA trigger.