PDA

View Full Version : trade-in g23s

fnogger
December 16, 2013, 14:48
There are a bunch of police trade-in mdl 23s on GB right now, 325 plus 20 shipping.

W.E.G.
December 16, 2013, 15:23
In case anybody doesn't know what a G23 is, its the medium-size frame, chambered in .40 Smith & Wesson.

Barrel and butt are each shorter than the "full size" (which isn't really that big anyway) model.

$325 is a very good price if you like that size, and you are into compact .40 cal pistols.

Price for these is roughly $200 less than a new one.

Curiously, .40 S&W "practice ammo costs about $.40 per round.
So, by the time you put 800 rounds through one, you will have equaled the price of the pistol, assuming that you don't have to pay extra fees to access the range.

My "EDC" gun is a .40 Glock - the "big one" though.

homelandprotector
December 16, 2013, 20:42
My RTF G23 is by far my favorite CCW gun. Light, accurate as hell, incredible grip texture, 13 rounds of hollow point terror.

Hitler likes RTF2's also........we are a superior race. :tongue:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/iQYep23-onw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

45collector
December 17, 2013, 12:36
Find me a G19 for $325 and I'd be doing cartwheels. ;)

Timber Wolf
December 17, 2013, 13:46
Find me a G19 for $325 and I'd be doing cartwheels. ;)

The po-po don't use 9mm.;) I am pretty happy with my Police Trade-in G23 bought off GB back at the first of the year for right around the price quoted in the OP. For that price I got night sights, that still have some nice glow to them, a nice bonus.

Timber Wolf
December 17, 2013, 13:53
There are a bunch of police trade-in mdl 23s on GB right now, 325 plus 20 shipping.

Hummm, my GB search foo must be weak, I did not find any for that price when I looked just now.:confused:

45collector
December 17, 2013, 16:32
The po-po don't use 9mm.;)

http://www.aimsurplus.com/product.aspx?item=F1glk19gen2

Wasn't that long ago that these were still coming in. :wink:

xtremerange
December 17, 2013, 19:13
Hummm, my GB search foo must be weak, I did not find any for that price when I looked just now.:confused:

This looks like the seller with several at $325

http://www.gunbroker.com/All/BI.aspx?IncludeSellers=764113

grumpy1
December 17, 2013, 20:31
That's a good price for a G23. Also one must realize that most police issued weapons are carried a lot and shot very little. Some officers I worked with only shot twice a year when they had to qualify. Also the Glock has a Tenifer coating that is applied before the black coating is that is almost a hard as diamond.

Having owned some 8 different Glocks over the years I would say its a good buy, mags are easy to find now and you can also use G22 mags too.

Also, if it was factory refurbished then any and all worn parts are replaced. New on the inside old on the out side.

Timber Wolf
December 18, 2013, 11:43
This looks like the seller with several at $325

http://www.gunbroker.com/All/BI.aspx?IncludeSellers=764113

Sho nuff. You know I did not even really want one when I bought mine. I am a died-in-the-wool XDm man but have a Keltec Sub 2000 .40 S&W that takes the Glock 22 mag and I figured I "needed" a handgun around that took the same mag. Seems like there is a heck of a lot of stuff worse to "invest" $350-$400 in then a spare Glock 23. I might just buy another but I am waiting on a really cheap G35 to come along.

W.E.G.
December 18, 2013, 12:37
Looks like only 3 left.

All with visible imperfections and/or skateboard tape.

grumpy1
December 18, 2013, 14:58
If any one needs any parts for a Glock I'm a certified armor and can get most parts for under $10 each most are around $3-$5 each shipping is fixed based on price.

If I didn't already have a G23 and G35 I'd probably buy one at that price.

Tat2
December 25, 2013, 23:12
My RTF G23 is by far my favorite CCW gun. Light, accurate as hell, incredible grip texture

I agree! Many people still wish they made the RTF frame!! Not a Gen4 fan.....

LMAO.....never saw that Hitler video......haha

T

Fn/form
December 26, 2013, 13:47
The po-po don't use 9mm.;) I am pretty happy with my Police Trade-in G23 bought off GB back at the first of the year for right around the price quoted in the OP. For that price I got night sights, that still have some nice glow to them, a nice bonus.

Scuttlebutt is FBI is transitioning to 9mm primary. Texas DPS is trading their .357SIGs for 9mm. I'm not happy. I forsee some availability issues of Gold Dot and HST.

IMO,with all else being equal, the compact .40s such as G23 becomes a limiting factor in speed of follow-up shots vs. 9mm in same size. I was issued a G23, later used a personally owned G22 after I wrote the policy. G22 is the smallest frame size I would go in competition/duty .40.

A compact .40 at a great price sure beats a more expensive pistol you don't have or can't conceal. If it's a DNW prefix it may be one from my old agency.

Cavscout19
January 03, 2014, 22:19
http://us.glock.com/bluelabel

I'm sure most of you know about this. Prices are pretty good if you're looking for a new Glock.