PDA

View Full Version : They Cashed The Check

2barearms
December 11, 2013, 13:00
Sent my Form 1 in and they cashed the check today. So it's in.

Now we'll see exactly how long it really takes.

pmf
December 11, 2013, 13:43
It's always amazed me how fast they cash those NFA checks. Those guys are good at one thing, that's for sure.

ftierson
December 11, 2013, 14:07
It's always amazed me how fast they cash those NFA checks. Those guys are good at one thing, that's for sure.

Especially since most of the people submitting Form 1s have already passed multiple background checks for firearms purchases (usually quite recently) and often have concealed carry permits (which required background checks).

From my perspective, the BATFE checks for NFA 'items' are simply delaying tactics and nothing else...

Forrest

kev
December 11, 2013, 15:44
They cash them fast because "they" don't do it,.......it's contracted to a bank for deposit. Your tax-paid form1 or form4 goes to a bank(currently in Atlanta)where the check is removed for deposit and the forms sit in a box until they get around to forwarding them to NFA branch in WV,...............where they sit in a box until someone gets around to assigning them to an examiner,...............where they sit around on a desk for months awaiting approval,................after which they go to the mailroom where they sit around waiting for someone to misfold them and send them to the wrong address,.............

Scott S
December 11, 2013, 16:16
My first stamp, a Form 1, was approved last Friday, the 6th. That was 283 days from check cashed, though it's not like I was counting.

2barearms
December 11, 2013, 16:58
My first stamp, a Form 1, was approved last Friday, the 6th. That was 283 days from check cashed, though it's not like I was counting.

I expect to see the same or longer.

Warbirds Custom Guns
December 12, 2013, 21:45

Hey that's only 9-1/2 months which is what the current wait time is now according to what Linda at NFA told me last week.
Wait till we have another shutdown Jan. 15 & it will go back up to 15 months. :sleep:
I'm glad it doesn't take that long for mine. :D