PDA

View Full Version : value of high standard 22pistol

randyj
November 26, 2013, 21:28
looking for a price on a .22 cal High Standard Sharpshooter-m pistol.
allen screw takedown, 5.5inch heavy barrel, electro-nickel finish, slide mounted adj sight, "SH" prefix in serial number. marked HIGH STANDARD INC. EHARTFORD,CONN.USA.
PISTOL HAS 2 FACTORY ELECTRO-NICKEL MAGS.
pistol in at least 90% cond with 2 sets of factory stocks flat black and 2nd set has
thumb rest on left panel.

TIA
Randy

jdmcomp
November 27, 2013, 07:20
Do not think I have ever seen a nickle plated HS pistol. Can you post pictures?

randyj
November 27, 2013, 09:14
not nickel, electroles-nickel satin not bright
many derrengers were finished like this.
also high standard put out a survival pack for flyers, came in they're case, an electo-nickel pistol and 2 of the same finish mags

send me your email trough the pm and ill get you some pics

grumpy1
November 27, 2013, 20:10
I've got a few High Standards and haven't seen a satin nickle one, in any model. I haven't seen a sharpshooter model for sale around my neck of the woods, but I would take a look at gunbroker to see what people are asking for them and what they are selling for. I would say that yours would or should be worth about 25% more just becuse of the rarity of the gun with the amount of finish left on the gun. Also the stock sets can be worth about $20-50 depending on condition and style.

Pm inbound too, I want a look at it.

hayes1966
November 29, 2013, 11:15
I bought a Hamden High Std back in the late 90's and paid over $650 for it. These are still desirable by people who shoot bullseye. The mags are difficult to get and I have seen the originals go for $80 at the gun shows.

randyj
November 29, 2013, 11:28
thanks hayes !

finding factory high standard mags is hard and expensive when you do, let alone trying to find the electro-nickel mags, and the price (if found) almost doubles.
hell, finding an electro-nickel pistol is almost impossible.

I thank you sir
randy