PDA

View Full Version : CZ50/CZ70

raubvogel
November 20, 2013, 14:27
Comments on those guys? I mean besides they shoot 7.65

armoredman
November 20, 2013, 22:12
A lot more to them than meets the eye, 1911 style mag release, decocker/safety, loaded chamber indictator, really quite nice little guns. I had a few CZ-70s, and if it wasn't for the gawd awful trigger pull, I'd still have one. :) Makarov.com used to have kits to improve the trigger pull, but after they went off line I lost track of where to get them. Would have loved to see the CZ -70 redone in 9mmMak or .380.

maxhush
December 05, 2013, 14:06
I think they are rather larger than you (or at least I) expect for a .32ACP. I have a CZ70. It seems to like Sellior & Bellot over Privi ammo. I would try European manufactured ammo in it if you get one.

armoredman
December 06, 2013, 12:51
They were Czech police sidearms during the Cold War - practice your best version of, "Your papers are not in order...":biggrin:

kar66
December 08, 2013, 12:05
I have a CZ50 that I got a few years ago. Like you I wish it were in a different caliber than 7.65. But mine has a great trigger. Both sa and da are nice. About like my CZ82. When I got mine it had a broken firing pin. But it was easy to find parts for at the time. I replaced it and got a few spares, just in case. Mine is a 50 dated 1970 so probably a late 50, but I like it real well. I would use it for a CCW if it was 380 or 9MM Mak. But 7.65 seems a little feeble for a CCW. But they are a fun gun just to play with.

45collector
December 17, 2013, 12:45
I had a model 50 years ago. They do not take well to hollowpoints.

I sold it to a guy who later that night, accidentally shot himself in the calf when he dropped the gun hammer-first on his kitchen floor. :uhoh:

fiream29
December 21, 2013, 07:23
I had a model 50 years ago. They do not take well to hollowpoints.

I sold it to a guy who later that night, accidentally shot himself in the calf when he dropped the gun hammer-first on his kitchen floor. :uhoh:

Very fortunate for him it was no worse than that. The moral of this story is: don't go throwing loaded weapons on the ground.

Like all CZ firearms, the CZ 50/70 series are well made and reasonably reliable given a properly functioning magazine and good ammo.
Just picked up a beautiful 1951 model made at Strakonice. Very little sign of wear and no dings, dents, rust, etc.. SOG has them right now but they are shipping with only one mag which can be a problem as mag availability seems to go up and down. I like the 50 model better than the 'improved' 70 version but the CZ 70 is often cheaper because it isn't C&R.

julysol
December 23, 2013, 18:18
I've got a 50 and a 70. I haven't shot either in some time. I've got others I prefer much much more.
The 70 has nasty trigger slap. I'll probably end up selling it in time. Just wish the prices would move in the direction of my favor though.