PDA

View Full Version : S&W 686 talo

mx2010
November 12, 2013, 14:16
I picked up a new 686+ talo 3in on Saturday. Down hill after that, not a good day at the range. After the 10th round it locked up. Got it un locked this happened 2 times. Also noticed when you cocked the hammer 2 of the chambers on the cylinder would not hold hammer back. You could feel a little difference when these chambers came around. Very displeased with SW. Called and sent back on Monday.

Timber Wolf
November 13, 2013, 07:56
Wow, that is too bad. A three-inch-something in on my list. A nice little 66 would be cool. I do have a snub 686+ but it is just too short to look right. Packs easy though and seven rounds of Magnum is "comforting".:wink:

MAINER
November 13, 2013, 11:43
Had a shiny new Model 24 that came with a bent center pin. Fixed it myself, but should have returned it. Anyway, it works fine now.
I'm told that most all of the old timers that did the hand-fitting on revolvers are gone from S&W now.
Friend of mine said it was amazing to watch them cycle a cylinder a few times and know exactly where to bash it a couple times with a lead mallet. :shades:

FUUN063
November 13, 2013, 12:36
A good friend of mine was a master on S&W's. But, sadly, we lost him in a house fire last year. He was very good and could quickly tune a Smith with the best of them. I think you have done the right thing of returning it to the factory.

Leland