PDA

View Full Version : Anyone buy a VZ kit ?

DCBROWN
November 10, 2013, 17:47
Just want to share my experiences.
I bout an APEX VZ kit. Its was missing the Trigger guard and the Gas piston Stop.

I bought another one from some "investment" company (can't remember the name) and its missing the gas piston stop

Anyone have experiences with this.

I check chezkpoint and they're out of gaspiston stops. So I'm assuming lots of people didn't get them

If I buy a receiver stub from APEX...will the Gas piston stop be in it ?

DON

jdmcomp
November 11, 2013, 15:57
No, and the reason is that buying one ready to shoot is so much less expensive. AIM just sold a group for $500 with bayonet, 5 mags w/pouch and sling. Hard to beat that one. Real problem is the value in the resale market.

All that said, building a rifle is fun and rewarding and I have done several but I stand by the statement that it is cheaper to buy ready to shoot.

Best of luck on your project, post progress.

DCBROWN
November 21, 2013, 15:28
Yeah...your right on both accounts.
I just want one to say "I did it".

Its turning out to be a major hassle though.:cry:

DCBROWN
March 16, 2014, 03:40
Phew

I learned a lot about Building VZs if anyone needs info..post here.

Firstly…NEVER by anything from the website :
http://www.vz58rifle.com

They took my money (about $100) and NEVER shipped my parts and don't respond to emails.
Criminal.

I have to post pics of my original style VZ-58. I'm now working on a futuristic one..

DCBROWN
March 16, 2014, 03:51
Here are some pics of the completed project.
The parts were painted with Dura-Bake VZ-58

lostmybearing
March 18, 2014, 14:28
Looks excellent!!!!! I have a Century built one and 3 kits that I am planning to build. I have a receiver like the one you used. How did it work out for you?

SPEEDGUNNER
March 18, 2014, 18:06
Other than the satisfaction of building it yourself what is the advantage of the kit over one of the guns offered by AIM, Century, Czechpoint and the like?

DCBROWN
March 23, 2014, 17:30
Looks excellent!!!!! I have a Century built one and 3 kits that I am planning to build. I have a receiver like the one you used. How did it work out for you?

It worked out fine. Once its barreled putting it together is quit interesting.
The kit came with the Full auto sear that had to be cut down (didn't take pictures)…and was more akin to putting a watch together.

For my next build I bought some USA fire control parts from Bonesteel arms. They're supposed to make the gun a lot better

DCBROWN
March 23, 2014, 17:33
Other than the satisfaction of building it yourself what is the advantage of the kit over one of the guns offered by AIM, Century, Czechpoint and the like?

Well….good question
The only advantage is the barrel I suppose…its the original barrel that is a few inches shorter. Subsequently, the flash hider has to be welded on to make it 16 inches.
All in All…it costs more to build one. But the quality is better. I have 2 Century VZ-58s and one didn't work for a damn out of the box.