PDA

View Full Version : New Interactive Skeet & Trap Targets

Story
November 06, 2013, 16:25
In this high-tech age of constant surveillance, it’s not a stretch to think there are cameras watching every move you make in every corner of the globe.

For hunters, it’s nice to escape these technological distractions and head into the wilderness, admiring nature for all its wonder, and reaping the benefits of simply being outdoors.

However, some think hunters should have Big Brother constantly watching our every move, and who else but PETA should take hunter harassment to a whole new level?

Enter PETA’s new Air Angel drone, a remote-controlled, quadricopter drone being marketed to the general public as “the new hobby for animal protectionists.”

That’s right, for just $324.99, “hobbyists” can bring home their very own drone—stickers included—that can send video and photos straight to the user’s phone, allowing them to track hunters from on high.

Read more: http://www.petersenshunting.com/2013/11/05/peta-selling-drones/#ixzz2ju3HlHiL

croftonaviation
November 06, 2013, 16:59
What is the recommended shot size for drone hunting? I was thinking some #4 shot would work well.

Tom

Found the specs, it is made of foam. Lead shot should do well.

Air Angels Drone Specifications

HD Video Recording
Get high definition live video streaming to your smartphone or tablet as you're flying. See a clean, sharp image just as if you were in the pilot's seat.

HD Camera: 720p 30fps
Wide angle lens: 92 degree diagonal
Video storage on the fly with remote device
JPEG photo capture
Traveling, Pan, Crane predefined autopilot modes for video recording

Robust Structure
Go ahead and try your most daring tricks! This cutting edge design is made to last.

Foam to isolate the inertial center from the engine’s vibrations
Fully repairable: all parts and instructions for repairing are available on Parrot website

Electronic Assistance
AR.Drone 2.0 on-board technology gives you extreme precision control and automatic stabilization features.

Wi-Fi b/g/n
Range: 165 feet
Ultrasound sensors for ground altitude measurement
USB 2.0 high speed for extensions
Outdoor hull designed for flight outside
Low noise Nylatron gears for 8.625 propeller shafts
Emergency stop controlled by software
Fully reprogrammable motor controller
Water resistant electronic motor controller

genmeagher
November 06, 2013, 21:47
What is the recommended shot size for drone hunting? I was thinking some #4 shot would work well.

Tom

Found the specs, it is made of foam. Lead shot should do well.

Air Angels Drone Specifications

HD Video Recording
Get high definition live video streaming to your smartphone or tablet as you're flying. See a clean, sharp image just as if you were in the pilot's seat.

HD Camera: 720p 30fps
Wide angle lens: 92 degree diagonal
Video storage on the fly with remote device
JPEG photo capture
Traveling, Pan, Crane predefined autopilot modes for video recording

Robust Structure
Go ahead and try your most daring tricks! This cutting edge design is made to last.

Foam to isolate the inertial center from the engine’s vibrations
Fully repairable: all parts and instructions for repairing are available on Parrot website

Electronic Assistance
AR.Drone 2.0 on-board technology gives you extreme precision control and automatic stabilization features.

Wi-Fi b/g/n

12 gauge Winchester Double X High-Velocity turkey loads are going for about $12 for a box for 1 7/8 oz loads in a 3" shell.

I can afford to play the Sporting Drones game all day long.

Story
October 02, 2014, 10:40
A man with a shotgun took matters into his own hands to bring down a drone flying over his neighbor’s home, according to police along the Jersey Shore.

Lower Township Police said they received a call Friday around 5:30 p.m. from the drone’s owner, who said he was flying the device over his friend’s home along the 1000 block of Seashore Drive in Lower Township, Cape May County, to gather some aerial photographs of construction being done at the home when the drone suddenly went down.

Read more: http://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/news/weird/Drone-Shot-Down-Lower-Township-277605811.html#ixzz3F0DsftSs

c0wb0y84
October 02, 2014, 15:45

165 ft won't get it to where most people hunt without getting the harasser within maximum effective range of the harassee in most cases.

Thundermaker
October 02, 2014, 16:12
165 feet = 55 yards. At that distance, they could just snap a freaking picture. I wonder how many people will buy these. Probably enough to make me lose all my remaining faith in humanity.

SAFN49
October 02, 2014, 18:00
12 gauge Winchester Double X High-Velocity turkey loads are going for about $12 for a box for 1 7/8 oz loads in a 3" shell.

I can afford to play the Sporting Drones game all day long.

Why waste a perfectly good turkey load. 1 1/4 oz of 6's or 4's should take care of these at 55 yards. :biggrin:

KoKodog
October 08, 2014, 21:17
165 feet = 55 yards. At that distance, they could just snap a freaking picture. I wonder how many people will buy these. Probably enough to make me lose all my remaining faith in humanity.

I drop Canada & Snow geese at 75 yards that look like they flew into a bridge abutment in mid air

that drone ain't got a snowballs chance in hell :)

Thundermaker
October 08, 2014, 21:53
I need some of those flu flu arrows.

Funny thing. To be in drone range, they'd have to be trespassing on your hunting property.

Story
September 01, 2016, 04:24
Virginia resident Jennifer Youngman caps a drone buzzing her property, which was probably spying on her neighbor Robert Duvall.

http://www.cbc.ca/radio/asithappens/as-it-happens-tuesday-edition-1.3741615/virginia-woman-blasts-trespassing-drone-out-of-the-sky-with-her-shotgun-1.3741619