PDA

View Full Version : SIG P220 Police trade in.

oz in SC
November 01, 2013, 23:02
Was in the LGS and spotted a couple of P220 police trade ins for sale.
Finish wear,non working night sights but otherwise okay.
He offered a deal of two for $800,one with box,and he will throw in an extra mag or two.

Thoughts?

SWOHFAL
November 01, 2013, 23:45
Cops aren't known for wearing out their weapons due to use, so it's mostly finish wear. Older Sigs are likely to be better Sigs.

kev
November 02, 2013, 09:13
That looks like a pretty decent deal. I've been kinda haunting gunbroker watching for an leo trade 220 and have seen several lately in the $450-550 range. Watch for DAO conversions(might be good or bad for you depending)as they seem to be pretty common in this model. It'll look like a standard P220 but the decock lever won't be there.

Agree,.....older = better. How can you go wrong with $400 SIG's?

oz in SC
November 02, 2013, 09:18
These are DA/SA pistols,I made sure of that.

Seem decent enough shape too.I can't imagine the guns got much use as they are local Sheriff Dept turn ins.

Wildcat
November 02, 2013, 16:43
SIG finishes on the sheetmetal slides, like the older P220s, tend to show holster wear pretty easily. Accuracy should remain excellent.

One way to get an idea of the wear on the SIG P series, check under the right rear rail, just in front of the cut that pushes the trigger bar down.
In battery, the trigger bar rises into that cut to reconnect the trigger.
During cycling, the trigger bar is pushed down out of the cut as the slide drives rearward. When the trigger bar springs back up it peens the rail after while. If all you see is a bright spot, it hasn't been used that much.

MagGar makes decent mags for the P220.