PDA

View Full Version : Paperwork times seem quick for class three

olgier
October 26, 2013, 14:42
Paperwork submitted and back in less than 4 months on an MG. They must be working overtime. :D

Blackmore
October 26, 2013, 15:39
My SOT talked to them Thursday and they said they are now predicting 15 months on new submissions due to the shutdown. I've known him over 20 years and he has no reason to make this up. The only reason he called is because one of his customers had been told this by another SOT and he asked my guy to call and see if he got the same story. He did.

Never let a good crisis go to waste. You can bet this order came right from the West Wing.

olgier
October 26, 2013, 16:10
Pretty odd then that the paperwork I sent in Aug. came back today. I would question the 15 month wait time.

Blackmore
October 26, 2013, 18:14
Did you miss the phrase "new submissions"?

DesertFALrat
October 27, 2013, 14:10
You are the exception, not the rule. Count yourself lucky. I have had one MG transfer in since May, I called and they told me May 2014. That was before the shutdown. A couple of my friends have a number of MG transfers in, the earliest since Feb, they are telling him early next year as well. All together we have 5 F4 MG transfers in right now. It is taking 2 months to go pending after the check clears. After that the times get fuzzy...at least 9 more months and now it seems 15. Hell its taking 90+ days for F3 transfers.

olgier
October 27, 2013, 15:20
Did you miss the phrase "new submissions"?

Looks like I did. :D

shortround
October 27, 2013, 17:25
I've been waiting on a suppressor in since the beginning of February. Another couple of weeks an it will be 9 months. Last one was a week over 6.

keiser
October 27, 2013, 17:31
nfatracker.com is showing wait times about 9 months and rising. The shutdown is now going to be the excuse for everything being slower with Uncle Sam. It was only 16 days so max effect should be 2 weeks.

JOHN E
October 28, 2013, 19:41
Paperwork submitted and back in less than 4 months on an MG. They must be working overtime. :D

Who was the examiner? Is it Parasky?

G3isMe
November 08, 2013, 21:25
I just mailed my application to build an SBR. The clock starts ticking. I wanted to get in before they F'up the trust venue. I don't know if they will "grandfather" the ones they have in the pile to go through with the trust as is or not before the new rules kick in to effect.

aardq
November 08, 2013, 22:58
You were very lucky, Olgier, but it depends on what district you are in. I've been waiting on a can and a mg since early Feb. Hopefully it will go through before the snow comes, but snow or not, it will get shot when the paperwork clears!

Dan

GOVT1911
November 09, 2013, 00:08
Waiting on a can since FEB also.

OMR_RDTandE
November 15, 2013, 19:12
Mailed the paperwork and check in on January 30, 2013. Received the tax stamped paperwork today. That's nine months by my count, which I could live with, but the time doesn't reflect that this is the second time this complete package went through their system.

The first submission was Feb 29, 2012 and the disapproved form was returned to me Oct 2, 2012. The failure to comply with a state law, citing a NC statute, was given as the reason for disapproval. However, the statute they cited, was changed by the State Legislature, removing the requirement for a County Sheriff's letter, and passed into law, which became effective the previous December. The NFA Branch, on advice from Counsel, refused to acknowledge that NC had changed the law and cited the old law as justification for rejection. That erroneous policy was changed Jan. 13, 2013, which lead to our re submittal. So, that's what 1 year, 8 months total, start to finish? YMMV.

L Haney
November 15, 2013, 19:34
Mailed the paperwork and check in on January 30, 2013. Received the tax stamped paperwork today. That's nine months by my count, which I could live with, but the time doesn't reflect that this is the second time this complete package went through their system.

The first submission was Feb 29, 2012 and the disapproved form was returned to me Oct 2, 2012. The failure to comply with a state law, citing a NC statute, was given as the reason for disapproval. However, the statute they cited, was changed by the State Legislature, removing the requirement for a County Sheriff's letter, and passed into law, which became effective the previous December. The NFA Branch, on advice from Counsel, refused to acknowledge that NC had changed the law and cited the old law as justification for rejection. That erroneous policy was changed Jan. 13, 2013, which lead to our re submittal. So, that's what 1 year, 8 months total, start to finish? YMMV.

Makes me truly want to rubble some government edifices. They seem to be impeding interstate commerce. I believe that contradicts existing settled law.

DABTL
November 15, 2013, 19:48
I was told the waiting period is now about 15 months. Something about a sequester or something.

2barearms
November 15, 2013, 22:28
I was told the waiting period is now about 15 months. Something about a sequester or something.

ACA is holding it up.

DABTL
November 16, 2013, 07:54
ACA is holding it up.

When you want debt reduction without tax increases it means services are going to be cut. It will be worse in 2014.

L Haney
November 16, 2013, 08:01
Something about a sequester or something.

Strange. Private companies have cut positions, reduced operating budgets, slowed capital expenditure and expect next quarters productivity to increase.

Which it usually does.

Why are federal agencies immune to this?

Tuhlmann
November 16, 2013, 10:21
It's Bush's fault.

DABTL
November 16, 2013, 10:47
Strange. Private companies have cut positions, reduced operating budgets, slowed capital expenditure and expect next quarters productivity to increase.

Which it usually does.

Why are federal agencies immune to this?

Fairy tales can come true, they can happen to you ................

keiser
November 18, 2013, 13:55
When you want debt reduction without tax increases it means services are going to be cut. It will be worse in 2014.

Excuse me? We pay for this so "we, the people" expect timely service. Perhaps you never noticed you need to send in a $200 check?

Now I do know that this money is just deposited into the gov general fund but I could care less how incompetent they are about finances, they are getting paid. What it comes down to is that idiots who believe that gov provides some kind of useful services to us need to be declared insane.

DABTL
November 18, 2013, 14:49
Excuse me? We pay for this so "we, the people" expect timely service. Perhaps you never noticed you need to send in a $200 check?

Now I do know that this money is just deposited into the gov general fund but I could care less how incompetent they are about finances, they are getting paid. What it comes down to is that idiots who believe that gov provides some kind of useful services to us need to be declared insane.

Have you thought about a march on Washington? Maybe truckers blocking roads and stuff?

L Haney
November 18, 2013, 17:38
Have you thought about a march on Washington? Maybe truckers blocking roads and stuff?

Might as well. The people we send to washington don't seem interested in directing the agencies under their control.

Oh wait! Isn't ATF under control of the Executive through Homeland Security? Well there you go. Nobody in charge has any idea there is a problem.

Just ask them.

DABTL
November 18, 2013, 19:11
Might as well. The people we send to washington don't seem interested in directing the agencies under their control.

Oh wait! Isn't ATF under control of the Executive through Homeland Security? Well there you go. Nobody in charge has any idea there is a problem.

Just ask them.

Lowell you just need to quit sending those no good Republicans to DC. That will solve a lot of the problems.

L Haney
November 18, 2013, 19:18
Lowell you just need to quit sending those no good Republicans to DC.

You don't think I want the no good bastards to hang around here, do you?

They end up hanging around with the Democrats and then the LOCAL banks start failing.

DABTL
November 19, 2013, 20:16
You don't think I want the no good bastards to hang around here, do you?

They end up hanging around with the Democrats and then the LOCAL banks start failing.

You must be in Kentucky.

greenpeas
November 21, 2013, 09:41

The cost of NFA registration hasn't changed since 1934. I would imagine that $200 was a large enough sum of money back then to dissuade most folks from owning a machinegun. If that tax were adjusted for inflation you'd probably be paying more like $3500 for a tax stamp today.

Keep on bitching and complaining and maybe they'll get rid of the legal ownership of NFA items all together.

Saying that someone has to be an "idiot" to believe that government provides any useful services seems a little short sighted. Maybe you should go spend a few weeks in Somalia and prepare a little book report on the wonders of government-free living that you observed?

keiser
November 21, 2013, 14:11
Keep on bitching and complaining and maybe they'll get rid of the legal ownership of NFA items all together.

How do you figure they can do that? The reason they were not banned originally was because of the second Amendment. They figured they could tax the stuff but did not have the right to forbid them.

We all know they wipe their ass with the Constitution now days but that doesn't make any of the crap they do legal. It is only legal as long as "we the people" keep ignoring them.

When the Constitution was written, anyone could own any piece of military equipment made - cannon, war ships, you name it. Obviously the gov effort to regulate this is because they don't trust people. And if they don't trust people it is because they are doing something they shouldn't be doing like providing "services" to us people we neither wanted nor asked for, kind of like the Nazis and Commies in the USSR did.

G3isMe
November 21, 2013, 18:01
My application for a SBR was mailed in on Nov 8 and they cashed my check yesterday. They sure don't sit on that for 8 months......Not sure if I should assume that the cashing of my check is a sign of progress or not.......

ncjeeper
November 21, 2013, 23:31
The cost of NFA registration hasn't changed since 1934. I would imagine that $200 was a large enough sum of money back then to dissuade most folks from owning a machinegun.
Yep all the gangsters had money so it didnt stop them from getting them. It just keep them out of the hands of the everyday joe. Fast foward to 2013 and us common folk still dont have any.

Super Dakę
November 22, 2013, 02:56
It's not. They always cash the check right away (even during the Gov shut-down, they were still cashing the checks quickly)

My application for a SBR was mailed in on Nov 8 and they cashed my check yesterday. They sure don't sit on that for 8 months......Not sure if I should assume that the cashing of my check is a sign of progress or not.......

greenpeas
November 22, 2013, 07:52
My application for a SBR was mailed in on Nov 8 and they cashed my check yesterday. They sure don't sit on that for 8 months......Not sure if I should assume that the cashing of my check is a sign of progress or not........

They always cash the check right away. It's not like you get your $200 back if they find out that you are a felon.

olgier
November 22, 2013, 09:29
Who was the examiner? Is it Parasky?

looks like DA Parcy? or parg?

gunplumber
November 22, 2013, 10:43
Hell its taking 90+ days for F3 transfers.

yes

And I see this all the time with these weenies. .gov closed for 2 weeks so instead of being two weeks behind, we've 6 months behind?

Stranger
November 22, 2013, 17:05

Saying that someone has to be an "idiot" to believe that government provides any useful services seems a little short sighted. Maybe you should go spend a few weeks in Somalia and prepare a little book report on the wonders of government-free living that you observed?

Comparing a fed.gov-free USA to current-day Somalia is a straw-man argument and a really retarded one at that.

keiser is correct in his sentiment that our bureaucracy is inept and a hinderance to freedom.

EVC-3
November 25, 2013, 19:21
E-Forms for the win. ATF joined the late 90s...you should too.

Form 3 approved in a week.

riffraff2
November 25, 2013, 22:03
E-Forms for the win. ATF joined the late 90s...you should too.

Well geez, I don't know exactly what to say to you except: screw you and your E forms and screw everyone who thinks like you do. Take your computers and chew on them and die, get it slick? People like you will be the downfall of civilization.

Am I being obtuse?

Oh yeah, everyone have a nice day and all. GROAN.

Stranger
November 25, 2013, 23:05

Form 3s are a whole different cup of tea from Form 4s. Using E-forms still isn't going to make it faster for the unwashed masses.

greenpeas
November 26, 2013, 10:44
Comparing a fed.gov-free USA to current-day Somalia is a straw-man argument and a really retarded one at that.

keiser is correct in his sentiment that our bureaucracy is inept and a hinderance to freedom.

C'mon, you're not actually trying to suggest the our government offers no useful services to its citizens?

It's kind of ironic but without the aid of the government you probably wouldn't be able to sit in front of your computer and bitch about how the government doesn't offer you any services.

Stranger
November 26, 2013, 12:48
C'mon, you're not actually trying to suggest the our government offers no useful services to its citizens?

It's kind of ironic but without the aid of the government you probably wouldn't be able to sit in front of your computer and bitch about how the government doesn't offer you any services.

You really need to work on your lack of reading comprehension.

Nowhere in my post did I suggest, or even alude too, government not being useful. I stated that our bureaucracy is inept, meaning clumsy or having no skill (e.g. its takes 10 months to process simple paperwork). I stated that it is a hinderance to freedom. Government actively works against natural freedom (e.g. the original intent of the NFA was to prevent common folks from owing machine-guns).

Both of those statements are true fact. If you disagree you have your head in the sand.

Government has done good things, but along with the good comes a lot of bad things. It is good to prevent felonious, violence prone individuals from obtaining firearms. It is bad to prevent all individuals from obtaining firearms in that effort.

Stranger
November 26, 2013, 12:54

In addition to reading comprehension, you should also work on your shitty attitude, asshole. :wink:

Scott S
November 26, 2013, 13:49

I read that the BATF ran a handful of Efiled applications to test the Efile system, so that's why some did get forms back in three to four months. Pickles was the examiner on the stamps I've seen on NFAtracker.

greenpeas
November 26, 2013, 14:23
As long as people keep lining up for silencers or SBRs, wait times are just going to get longer. I think it's all the inexpensive NFA items that are clogging up the system. Used to be nobody knew about title II ownership. I saw a Sig Sauer had an advertisement in the American Rifleman for silencers which I though was unusual.

xcpd69
November 27, 2013, 11:26
Yep all the gangsters had money so it didnt stop them from getting them. It just keep them out of the hands of the everyday joe. Fast foward to 2013 and us common folk still dont have any.

In a lot of cases, the "gangsters" got machineguns by raiding police armories in small towns.

keiser
November 27, 2013, 13:43
In a lot of cases, the "gangsters" got machineguns by raiding police armories in small towns.

Same way criminals get assault weapons nowdays - stealing or illegal modification if they can find a person smart enough to know how to do it.

Court in Fl
November 28, 2013, 12:17
I think ATF is just getting overwhelmed with all the form 4's being sent in by all the people trying to beat the new rules about everyone needing the CLEO
sign off.

I was averaging about 10 to 12 NFA transferors a year.
This year I am already up to 45.

Court in FL.

L Haney
November 28, 2013, 12:39

The 'government' can't make anything legal. They are constrained to only making things illegal. Of which they are indeed an industrious bunch.

For me to commit a 'crime', the state must present an injured party.

For mere personal possession of a machinegun, or for that matter, an artillery piece, who exactly has been injured in the judicial sense?

DYNOMIKE
December 02, 2013, 22:18

Ohhhhh don't be so sure....
My forms where mailed on 4/2, check cleared less than two weeks later..
According to my most recent update (Today) I've been in "process" since June 9 and should get my stamps (One SBR and One Suppressor) in MARCH... :shades:

Warbirds Custom Guns
December 06, 2013, 00:52
For those who may be interested.
I spoke to Linda at the NFA branch on Tuesday to check status on some F3's.

Current wait times are as follows.
This applies to all states (supposedly).
F2's & F3's are 90 days if mailed.
30 days if using e-forms.

F4's are taking 9 months.

I sure miss Sara Jones. :sad:

Also keep in mind the possibility of another shut down come January 15th when those peckerwoods act like the clowns they are.

EVC-3
December 10, 2013, 19:36
When I get my first E-forms F4 back, I'll be sure to post the times here.

d_s
December 15, 2013, 13:38
I have an MG42 waiting for transfer from the owner to my dealer, paperwork has been with the ATF since March 2013, no word yet so the 15+ months estimate is probably very realistic.