PDA

View Full Version : Bakial Russian Shotguns`

ramiller
October 19, 2013, 14:57
Are they any good?

FUUN063
October 19, 2013, 22:04
They seem to be, although rather crude, metal finishing leaves little to be desired and cosmetics are off. They do seem to work, however I wouldn't pay a lot for one.

Leland

K. Funk
October 20, 2013, 06:32
I picked up a hammerless 12 Ga coach gun for cheap that would not fire in one barrel. The fix was easy for my gunsmith. It has worked fine ever since. It won't win any beauty contests, but it had some sort of appeal or else I wouldn't have bought it.

krf

PASHOOTER
October 21, 2013, 05:19
I have an over/under 12 that I use in the swamp for ducks. I bought it in 2005 and it is still tight. Fired maybe 3-400 rounds of steel shot without a problem. A guy I waterfowl hunt with, has one of the semi-auto 3.5 inch 12ga, he swears by it. Ugly with not so nice finish but Kylon camo paint fixed that.

croftonaviation
October 21, 2013, 14:30
I know of three.

Both my neighbor and I have almost identical 20" side by side 12 gauges (his has a selectable trigger). I have had mine for about 8 years, and 500 rounds through it with never a problem. The neighbor has less years but more rounds and the same results. The other one is a friend of mine who lives in astrakhan Russia, he has a 26" model he hunts with, also no problems.

If it is cheap and your not going for super pretty they are a decent gun for the money.

Tom

Hootsmon
October 21, 2013, 21:59
I bought a used Baikal U/O 12g in the mid-eighties. It is still in service on a friends dairy farm.

It is not a beautiful gun, but it sure does work.