PDA

View Full Version : CAI 1887 lever action shotgun

12v71
September 25, 2013, 19:38
Anybody have one? looks like a fun toy. Ive always wanted the real thing but the cost...

K. Funk
September 25, 2013, 19:55
I got one of the early ones. Mine will not feed or eject 2-3/4 shells, but will run 2-1/2" shells. I think the Chicom's just copied original prints and did not think to accommodate modern chambers.

krf

12v71
September 25, 2013, 20:53
I got one of the early ones. Mine will not feed or eject 2-3/4 shells, but will run 2-1/2" shells. I think the Chicom's just copied original prints and did not think to accommodate modern chambers.

krf
So other than the 2,1/2 inch shell thing, no real issues?

planner
September 25, 2013, 20:55
I have one, and I like it. But it is slower to use than just about any repeater I've ever used. The lever throw is very long. Mine functions fine with 2.75" shells. Mine has lot of sharp edges, but I hope to wear them off the hard way :)

12v71
September 25, 2013, 21:24
I have one, and I like it. But it is slower to use than just about any repeater I've ever used. The lever throw is very long. Mine functions fine with 2.75" shells. Mine has lot of sharp edges, but I hope to wear them off the hard way :)
I was just thinking that one would be cool in my lever gun collection. And... well if I ever want to be the terminator.:D:D

big44man
September 28, 2013, 14:21
I have one, and it works great. It is slow to operate, the major reason I purchased it is because back when I was a young whipper-snapper, it was the shotgun I learned to shoot, (the original model), and I always had a fond attachment to it. Been thinking of selling it, tho, can't use it anymore, and no use having it around.

12v71
September 28, 2013, 20:57
I have one, and it works great. It is slow to operate, the major reason I purchased it is because back when I was a young whipper-snapper, it was the shotgun I learned to shoot, (the original model), and I always had a fond attachment to it. Been thinking of selling it, tho, can't use it anymore, and no use having it around.
Ah. temptation... maybe a PM when you decide?