PDA

View Full Version : Alien Gear IWB holsters

TheRussian
September 17, 2013, 08:22
http://aliengearholsters.com/
One of my friends bought one, and showed it to me, after examining it I ordered one. VERY impressed, has an awesome warranty and many nice features. Fits great and is priced GREAT!
Just thought I would share what I feel is a good deal

TheRussian
November 21, 2013, 18:43
Update!
A pleasure to wear, feels great and is a very well made holster. Thumbs up from me. You can customize angle of carry, pull resistance...Good shit, imho

Militiaman
November 21, 2013, 23:12
Looks nice. May try one. Thanks for the post!

TheRussian
November 22, 2013, 08:56
Most welcome! I enjoy sharing what I feel is a great deal and a good product, and passing along what I find like that :shades:

Timber Wolf
November 22, 2013, 11:06
That price looks really good, and they have some interesting features (heavier/thicker leather/kydex). I do really like my horse hide Supertuck though.;) I am currently set on my IWB needs but if that changes I will give them a look.

Oh-oh, I see they make it for Dick Specials, Ruger SP-101 (don't say what length barrel though), and S&W "J" frames, I may need one yet. I do notice that they have an upcharge for "black" though. I think I would go tan in any event.

TheRussian
November 22, 2013, 17:59
I went ahead and paid for the black, silly me dunno why. But it has been exemplary quality and is wearing like iron

GOVT1911
November 22, 2013, 18:30
Had a buddy with one, I liked it so I bought one. Liked it enough that I bought 3 more for different pistols. LOL. I'm impressed with how comfortable it is. The leather is thicker than my Crossbreed and it's MUCH more comfortable. I've worn one daily for the last couple months with either a G26 or G19 and have absolutely NOTHING bad to say about them.

Bug Tussell
November 23, 2013, 10:44
I went to order one - twice. Both times the website had issues so I couldn't complete the deal.
So I forgot about it.

Ordered from Stitcher here on the site.

May try again from alien but I don't want to f**k around with inputting all of my info to only have it not work ... again.

TheRussian
November 23, 2013, 11:50
I went to order one - twice. Both times the website had issues so I couldn't complete the deal.
So I forgot about it.

May try again from alien but I don't want to f**k around with inputting all of my info to only have it not work ... again.

Wow! Sorry to hear that. Did you email them and let them know?

TheRussian
November 23, 2013, 15:30
http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a83/MajorPrivate/IMG_1512w_zps04e5bce4.jpg
http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a83/MajorPrivate/IMG_1511w_zps43583422.jpg

TheRussian
January 04, 2014, 14:00
Update:
Still carrying frequently with this. Wearing like iron, doing a GREAT job.

hongkong3
January 06, 2014, 10:52
I bought one and found the quality and attention to detail is excellent especially at the price point. With that being said I did send it back for a refund as it would collapse when the gun is drawn and would not allow me to re holster with one hand without much fumbling around. If this isn't a issue for you then I would highly recommend this holster.

TCustoms
January 06, 2014, 11:19
So I forgot about it.

Then order it off ebay.

I bought one for 39.00 to my door for a Shield. Great holster

Bug Tussell
January 06, 2014, 12:59
Then order it off ebay.

I bought one for 39.00 to my door for a Shield. Great holster

Ordered one from stitcher instead. A work of art.

TheRussian
January 07, 2014, 10:00
I bought one and found the quality and attention to detail is excellent especially at the price point. With that being said I did send it back for a refund as it would collapse when the gun is drawn and would not allow me to re holster with one hand without much fumbling around. If this isn't a issue for you then I would highly recommend this holster.

Strange. Mine doesnt collapse when the gun is drawn. I wonder if you had some defective kydex in yours?

hongkong3
January 07, 2014, 10:38
The kydex wasn't the problem, the leather would flex and push against the kydex leaving no space for the gun to be re holstered without pushing and twisting it back in. All my other holsters are Kramer horse hide and they stay open even after rolling on the ground, I can easily re holster with one hand. I think they're great holsters especially since they come with all the extra screws and spacers for a custom fit and the fact that you can order extra kydex to fit other guns for only $15. It's just comes down to my own personal preference and needs.

TheRussian
January 07, 2014, 16:34
Thanks for your input/experience, I will keep an eye on it :D

GOVT1911
January 08, 2014, 01:35
I haven't had a problem with mine. Collapsing with gun drawn, no problem reholstering. Wear mine for G26 daily. I did trim about 1/4" from the muzzle end of the kydex on my G26 holster so I can use it for my G19. No problems or issues at all. Well, that's not completely true, I did have a couple screws loosen up from wearing it. A little lock-tite solved that nicely.

I've used several different style holsters from most of the "main" manufacturers, and This is the most comfortable IWB I've used.

Comicus
January 08, 2014, 22:33
I ordered one 2 weeks ago for a g30..looking foreword to comparing them against my Crossbreed and my Aegis armory to see what holster does a better job at being comfy, holds the gun securely and is at a fair price.

TheRussian
January 09, 2014, 08:55
I ordered one 2 weeks ago for a g30..looking foreword to comparing them against my Crossbreed and my Aegis armory to see what holster does a better job at being comfy, holds the gun securely and is at a fair price.

I am not aware of an IWB holster that touches their price, and I love the ability to adjust it to fit you personally :cool:
I hope you like yours, been happy with mine.