View Full Version : glock 20 holster

September 16, 2013, 20:54
Who has a Glock 20 and what holster/s have you used and like?
I'm not looking to use it as a carry gun. Retention is a plus as well.

September 16, 2013, 22:45
I like the Blackhawk Serpa, it's all i use anymore.

Col. Bat Guano
September 17, 2013, 00:32
My Glock 20 is my pack gun. I use a Bianchi Accumold paddle holster. If I am carrying a pack, it attaches firmly to the pack waistbelt and the adjustable cant allows it to be worn strong side or crossdraw.

September 17, 2013, 07:07
I use safarilands with the SLS "strap" (not sure what you call the rotating loop that keeps the pistol in).

September 19, 2013, 16:17
Thanks, I was looking hard at safariland and G-code.
How thick of a pack belt are you running the Bianchi with?
And Serpas make me nervous, all the "evil serpa" story's. (its silly I know..)

September 21, 2013, 12:32
I use the Safariland 6378

Partially motivated by the fact that my issued duty holster uses the same 'thumb drive' type retention, and the fact that I personally find the retention to be very positive, and intuitive to release. The holster retains off the breach cut out of the slide, so the trigger and trigger guard area are completely unmolested by the holster for retention, which I prefer.

September 22, 2013, 02:46
I have been using a BladeTech holster for over 10 years and love it. Mine's a kydex open top (sans retention strap) with FBI cant (I believe its 10 degrees forward). The retention is adjusted by a screw just below the trigger guard area.

Genetically Swiss
September 30, 2013, 18:10
+1 on blade tech.

September 30, 2013, 22:16
I use a Galco Matrix MX5 synthetic paddle holster for my almost daily carry of a Glock 17.

I also use one for my less than daily carry of a Glock 21 (different holster, of course).

I'm very happy with the Galco Matrix MX5 holster, so much so that I've picked one up for every gun that I have that they make one for...

October 27, 2013, 08:24
SERPAs are fine as long as you don't do the "SERPA-derp" When you draw. your finger ends up indexing perfectly on the takedown bar. But, people, for whatever reason, end up lowering their fingers and curling them in far enough to do a negligent discharge. That is over 2" of travel for the tip of the index finger. If your muscle memory has trained you to do that, you did something VERY WRONG.

If you start off training with the SERPA, they'll never let you down.

For conceal carry (yeah, I conceal a G20), I like the Zach http://dalefrickeholsters.com/product/zacchaeus-concealment-holster/

it is a great, minimalist IWB holster for any Glock.

October 28, 2013, 14:08
+1 for the 6378, or a Safariland 6004. I have a couple of Raven Concealments for mine, but I just like 10mm. When I carry it for duty, it is in a 6378.

October 30, 2013, 12:58
I should qualify my earlier post.

90% of the time I'm carrying my 10mm, I'm on horseback. I have a couple Bladetech, and other brand, Kydex pancake type holsters; as tight as they hold, I can't picture that pistol staying in there if I go sailing through the air after being bucked off, so a retention holster of some type is required in my opinion for what I'm doing with it.

If I was just out hiking around, I would feel fine with the Kydex pancake holsters.

Timber Wolf
October 31, 2013, 12:39
Safariland thumb-thingy for me. I don't have one for my G20 but do for a G22, G23, and XDm. I really like the retention and actually shot out of one for a while in USPSA when I started. It did not slow me down much back then. Now I am MUCH (:rolleyes:) faster and roll with a Bladetech. But for everyday OWB use it will be the Safariland.

Yard Sale
November 10, 2013, 01:26
Center of Mass kydex.