PDA

View Full Version : pasting pictures

showell57
September 15, 2013, 21:55
can anyone tell me how to post images to a thread. clicking the insert image icon tells me to add the URL. ? need help thanks

flopshot
September 15, 2013, 22:10
if you store your photos in something like Photobucket you will get the links there. you can't drop images from your PC directly to the forum.

Texgunner
September 15, 2013, 22:13
I'll give it a shot, at least I'll explain how I do it. First, start an account at a photo-hosting site; I use Photobucket. Then, upload your pics that you've saved to your computer. After they are uploaded, you'll see the thumbnail pics.

Move your cursor over the pic and you'll see a little gear symbol in the upper-right corner. A drop down menu appears and you choose "get links". Another window will open with several choices for you. You want to click on the one that says "IMG codes". Once you do, it will show "copied". Now, go to the post that you've started here and simply "paste" the code. You can check the post with the "Preview Post" feature and your pic should show there, as it will when you post your comments with Submit Reply.

I hope that helps!
Gary

moonbat60
March 07, 2014, 16:12
Hey Texgunner,

your "instructions" on posting pictures helped me a lot ! After all these years I was finally able to post a picture of my Steyr AUG A3 in the AUG thread.

moonbat60

Texgunner
March 07, 2014, 16:45
Hey Texgunner,

your "instructions" on posting pictures helped me a lot ! After all these years I was finally able to post a picture of my Steyr AUG A3 in the AUG thread.

moonbat60

Hey, that's great! I'm glad it helped.:biggrin:

embatp
June 03, 2015, 12:27
Btt