PDA

View Full Version : "Good" Reason to Build SBR Question on Form 1?

G3isMe
September 04, 2013, 17:09
I am getting ready to submit my ATF Form 1 so I can build a short barreled FAL. One of the questions on Form 1 (4i) is "State why you intend to make a firearm" My planned answer is "For deer and hog hunting in thick brush habitat. A short barreled rifle makes hunting in this type of habitat possible"

Any suggestions on how best to answer this question? I don't know if it makes a difference or not, but I am submitting this with application under the name of my trust.

Thanks Guys!

mpnv
September 04, 2013, 17:37
How about "Historical Authenticity"

jaykden
September 04, 2013, 18:13
I always put down:

"all lawful purposes".

2barearms
September 04, 2013, 19:16
You don't have one for your collection.

meltblown
September 04, 2013, 19:19
Cuz you want to help with the deficit by paying more taxes. Or SBRs look cool.

doneill
September 04, 2013, 19:50
All lawful purposes. I could imagine a definition of a rifle in a state code including a 16" barrel and a statement in the game codes that specified rifles, shoguns pistols, bow and arrows. I have no idea of whether there are such rules in your state, but it seems possible to me that SBR hunting might trigger more questions than you want to deal with.

Dave O'Neill

G3isMe
September 04, 2013, 20:16
All lawful purposes. I could imagine a definition of a rifle in a state code including a 16" barrel and a statement in the game codes that specified rifles, shoguns pistols, bow and arrows. I have no idea of whether there are such rules in your state, but it seems possible to me that SBR hunting might trigger more questions than you want to deal with.

Dave O'Neill

Yeah, I think you may have a point there. I am going with jaykden's "all lawful purposes."

2barearms
September 04, 2013, 20:22
Yeah, I think you may have a point there. I am going with jaykden's "all lawful purposes."

My Form says that my reasonable necessity is: Investment and Collection.

DesertFALrat
September 04, 2013, 21:48
Collection and Investment. That is all I ever put down. Never had a problem.

jaykden
September 04, 2013, 22:53
over on arfcom several years ago, i saw a photo someone took of their form 1 that said:

zombie apocalypse

it was approved.

Artful
September 04, 2013, 23:35
I always put down:

"all lawful purposes".

+1

Timber Wolf
September 05, 2013, 08:13
Won't you feel foolish if you put down "investment and collection" and then end up actually needing it for a "Zombie Apocalypse"?:D

W.E.G.
September 05, 2013, 08:16
Don't get cute.

The accepted correct answer is "all lawful purposes."

shlomo
September 05, 2013, 08:25
Don't get cute.

The accepted correct answer is "all lawful purposes."

You mean, "Because I can", doesn't cover it?