PDA

View Full Version : NFA + Corporation question....

K. Funk
September 02, 2013, 15:38
So here is my situation....I am an 01 FFL that is incorporated. I am the sole officer/employee. I have a few NFA items in the name of the corporation. Fingerprints were required with the FFL. Each Form 4 has photo and CLEO sign-off, but no fingerprints submitted. So, with this new crack-down on NFA trusts and corporate ownership, if and when another officer is added, such as my son when he gets old enough, he has to do what? Just because he becomes an officer does not give him immediate permission to play with the toys. And what will be the mechanism for getting him "approved" to play with the toys? Another new form? He will most likely need to submit prints to become a "responsible person" of the FFL. Does this count? So many questions, so much gray blur.

krf

DABTL
September 02, 2013, 16:10
It used to be that an employee, as servant of a licensed master, could as part of the job handle, carry, deliver and such.

Today? Use maximum caution is my advice. Call ATF. It is better to find out from them their position before you have lawyers trying to recover your goods. You might disagree with them. But, you are no out money at that point.

L Haney
September 02, 2013, 16:34
The situation is still fluid. There are NO solid answers at this point in time. To say that government is fickle is an understatement.

I'm afraid you'll have to wait for additional rule making.

With the BATF, that is not much comfort, they change their minds on a regular basis.

Come to think of it, they'd make a damn good reality TV program. Lots of drama, no sense at all, and the consolation prize is federal prison.

ETA: Thinking a bit more on this, I'm not entirely sure they want you in prison. I do know that prosecutors place stock in conviction rates, and surely some agents are likewise motivated. But... I keep coming around to the idea they just want you destroyed. Penniless, from mounting a legal defense against a true monster. The entire weight of the fed. Months and years of legal maneuvering that will bleed not only every cent you can lay hands on but will also grind down your ability to mentally resist.

Seen this, first hand.

Lovely boys, them.