PDA

View Full Version : Sig 938

cpd109
August 21, 2013, 16:43
This is a 9mm 1911 style pistol that I guess is a fairly recent addition to the line. It appears to be more compact than a full size 1911.

Anyone got any actual experience with the critter? I'd like to hear how it shoots, reliability, etc.

Thanks in advance.

Right Side Up
August 21, 2013, 21:46
I have one. Pretty accurate. The only problem I've had with reliability is the extractor claw was too long, cut into the bottom on the groove on the case web and wouldn't let the back of the case ride up when feeding sometimes. A few swipes with a knife sharpening stone fixed that.

I'm actually sizing some bullets for it tonight that I cast from a mold made by Tom at Accurate Molds. It's a 125 gr. flat point. I'll post the pics of the target in my other thread when I shoot it again.

It's more than a little smaller than a 1911. It's a pocket pistol.

Guy-epic
August 21, 2013, 22:07
This is a 9mm 1911 style pistol that I guess is a fairly recent addition to the line. It appears to be more compact than a full size 1911.

Anyone got any actual experience with the critter? I'd like to hear how it shoots, reliability, etc.

Thanks in advance.

I started off with the Sig P238, then they came out with the 938. Like the 238 I waited until the second run. They seem to work all the bugs out after the second batch. Sad I never thought I would say that about my beloved Sig. But yes it is true they had issues. Mine seems to be just fine. Never have had a issue with FTF or FTE or any issues at all $750 rounds down the pipe it has become my daily carry. It is awesome except one issue they put a stupid ambidextrous safety release on it. And the trigger sucks not the trigger pull the trigger its self feels cheap I plan to replace them both when I find proper parts I hear there are some parts from the colt mustang that fit it as that was what was the design it was based on. 72874