View Full Version : What are Reising mags worth?

Timber Wolf
August 13, 2013, 09:49
I have a couple, I think a 12 and a 20, original Reising .45 mags given to me in a box of other stuff years ago by a long passed-on friend. They had no value to him and little to me. I "collect" Reising designed H&R .22 rifles so it is kind of neat to have the SMG mags around. Local fellow who actually has a Resing 50 wants to buy my mags and offered me $50 each. I declined as Reising/H&R marked mags for one of my .22 rifles are that or more when offered on GB. I see 30 round new production mags at $85. Would I be out of line asking $100 each for my original mags? He did offer, and I would require, that I get to shoot the SMG as part of the deal.:D

August 18, 2013, 01:55
I have a nice early blued Reising in the Fed Labs case with 4 like new mags. It cost $180.00 way back when! :biggrin: The 30 Christie mags that you are seeing are not original, they are aftermarket produced by a guy named "Christie" because the biggest original mag is only 20 rounds. The 20 rounders with super nice bluing will fetch a little more than $100.00 each to the right person. The twelve rounders, normally parkerized finish, bring quite a bit less.

K. Funk
August 18, 2013, 07:04
I fell into a bunch of Reising mags several years ago. I was stunned to find out they sell for about $125 ea. I occasionally still get e-mails to see if I have any left. If original and no rust, I would think $125 is a min. There are two different types, one will fit the other, but not vice versa. I think one version has a rib along the back.

August 18, 2013, 11:39
The twelve rounders have the ribs and also have to have an adapter to work in the mag well of the 20 rounders.