PDA

View Full Version : Where are all the CZ 85 Combats?

usukz28
August 10, 2013, 13:38
I was thinking of selling my Pre B CZ 85 and up grading to a 85 combat. One year ago 85 combats were selling for about $600. Now it is nearly impossible to find one and if you can they are selling for $950 here in southern Illinois. Southern Illinois is south of I-80 where the republicans live. When is the panic gun buying going to stop? One year ago, gun dealers in this area would not stock CZs because they were too difficult to sell.

armoredman
August 10, 2013, 13:41
Where the Republicans live? Interesting you would say that...AS for where are the CZ-85s, well, they are where all the rest of the CZ firearms are - flying off the shelves. They sell as fast as they come in the country, and barely kiss the warehouse shelves before out the door to distributors and dealers, so it's still hit and miss. Keep watching your favorite LGS and CZ Stocking Dealer!

SWOHFAL
August 10, 2013, 16:44
You can use the opportunity to load up on mags, b/c I see IL banning full capacity mags sometime soon, while less is the chance they will ban CZs that accept them. And S. IL is south of I-70, otherwise you'll need to explain how few Republicans live in Champaign-Urbana or Bloomington-Abnormal.

DYNOMIKE
August 10, 2013, 18:25
I have a Pristine (used) 85 Combat at the shop.. It is perfect and I suspect it fired very few rounds if any...

BTW, When I bought this gun I ALSO bought the Guy's KADET Upper..
IF you have an 85 (or 75) these uppers are the SHIT!!

I personally have an 85 C and it's one of my Fave handguns..

Retired Bum
August 11, 2013, 15:07
DYNOMIKE,

I am not sure about your comment about the CZ Kadet .22 upper being the "SHIT". Are you saying that the Kadet upper isn't any good and not worth having? Or did you have some other meaning in mind?

About seven years ago I went looking for a new CZ 75 because I didn't own an all steel double action high cap in 9mm. None were to be had but a dealer I frequented did have a NIB 85 Combat in his display case. He offered it to me at the same price as the plain jane 75 so I bought it.

It has proven to be a reliable and accurate range gun. It feels like a Browning HP in my hands which is my favorite single action hi cap 9mm. Not as accurate as my HK P7M8 or Sig P210-6 but then it cost only half the price of the HK and less than one third of the Sig.....

And so it goes.

The Retired One

Right Side Up
August 11, 2013, 15:58
He was saying he likes it. :D

DYNOMIKE
August 11, 2013, 16:12
DYNOMIKE,

I am not sure about your comment about the CZ Kadet .22 upper being the "SHIT". Are you saying that the Kadet upper isn't any good and not worth having? Or did you have some other meaning in mind?

About seven years ago I went looking for a new CZ 75 because I didn't own an all steel double action high cap in 9mm. None were to be had but a dealer I frequented did have a NIB 85 Combat in his display case. He offered it to me at the same price as the plain jane 75 so I bought it.

It has proven to be a reliable and accurate range gun. It feels like a Browning HP in my hands which is my favorite single action hi cap 9mm. Not as accurate as my HK P7M8 or Sig P210-6 but then it cost only half the price of the HK and less than one third of the Sig.....

And so it goes.

The Retired One

The CZ 85's (and 75"s) are GREAT guns and your experience mimics MINE and many others.. I like them very much..
The KADET upper is a "wonderful" addition and I HIGHLY recommend them.. :beer:

He was saying he likes it. :D

YES, RSU is perzackily right.. :biggrin:
"It's the shit" is a term of ENDEARMENT.. :beer:

Now if'n I had said it's a POS (Piece of SHIT) that is of course much different..

Right Side Up
August 11, 2013, 16:22
The word "SHIT" has so many uses it's one of the most powerful words in the English language.

For example, you can be shit faced, shit out of luck, or have shit for brains.

With a little effort, you can get your shit together, find a place for your shit or decide to shit or get off the pot.

You can smoke shit, buy shit, sell shit, lose shit, find shit, forget shit, and tell others to eat shit.

Some people don't know shit while others are "The Shit".

There are lucky shits, dumb shits, crazy shits, and stupid shits.

There is bull shit, horse shit and chicken shit.

You can throw shit, sling shit, catch shit, or duck when shit hits the fan.

You can give a shit or serve shit on a shingle.

You can be madder than shit or be happier than a pig in shit.

Some days are colder than shit, some days are hotter than shit, and some days are just plain shit.

Some musicians can't sing shit even if they had a mouth full of it, things can look like shit, and there are times when you feel like shit.

You can have too much shit, not enough shit, the right shit, the wrong shit or a lot of weird shit.

You can carry shit, have a mountain of shit, or find yourself up shit creek without a paddle.

Sometimes, everything you touch turns to shit; and other times you step in a pile of shit and find a hundred dollar bill.

Retired Bum
August 11, 2013, 17:55
DNYOMIKE,

Thanks for the quick answer. Everything that I have read about the Kadet .22 upper has been good but I do realize that every so often some one will have a bad experience with one.

I had considered buying the Kadet upper but then I found a LNIB Sig P226 .22lr with five magazines at a price I just couldn't walk away from. So no Kadet .22 upper for me.....

And so it goes.

The Retired One

Shootability
August 11, 2013, 18:03
I bought a Kadet Pistol - then tried to buy a 9mm upper from CZ - they said no way - so I bought a used upper for 200 bucks complete - one of my most enjoyable pistols - 22 and 9mm ttl 600.00:beer:

DYNOMIKE
August 11, 2013, 18:41
The word "SHIT" has so many uses it's one of the most powerful words in the English language.

It "is" a great word aint it?? :p:beer:

DNYOMIKE,

Thanks for the quick answer. Everything that I have read about the Kadet .22 upper has been good but I do realize that every so often some one will have a bad experience with one.

I had considered buying the Kadet upper but then I found a LNIB Sig P226 .22lr with five magazines at a price I just couldn't walk away from. So no Kadet .22 upper for me.....

And so it goes.

The Retired One

Your welcome, would have been even quicker BUT I had to work today..
I've noted on numerous occasions my thoughts, opinions, and experiences in regards to the CZ Pistols.. Almost W/Out exception they have been positive.. Must say "almost" for W/In this forum there is a thread where I duly note an issue I had with a 75 and the "OMEGA" trigger system.. That being said CZ took care of it to my complete satisfaction for which I am/was pleased to share...

I bought a Kadet Pistol - then tried to buy a 9mm upper from CZ - they said no way - so I bought a used upper for 200 bucks complete - one of my most enjoyable pistols - 22 and 9mm ttl 600.00:beer:

I was of the understanding putting a FULL Caliber UPPER on a KADET pistol (frame) was a NO-NO.. That being said if'n your pleased than that is indeed good news..

Over the years I've shot a LOT of diff .22 Semi pistols, the fact that the KADET upper shoots as well as it does is NOT lost on me.. It is and has been impressive since I fit it my FIRST 75, it's been incredibly reliable (close to 100%) and amazingly accurate.. Add to that the ability to practice with a SUB cal upper on the SAME lower and you do indeed have a great combo..

Quick and FUNNY story.. He posts here and MAY see this but a shooting bud and I went out a number of months back.. His SIG Skeeter was giving him FITS but the KADET shot like a dream even eating (w/aplomb) the very SAME ammo his Skeeter was choking on.. :biggrin:

xcpd69
May 28, 2014, 01:23
"The Shit"= Good

"The Shits"= Not So Good

"Da Bomb"= Good

"A Bomb"= Not So Good

Amazing the power of a single letter.........