PDA

View Full Version : Limbsaver Recoil Pad

J MOSBY
August 04, 2013, 08:27
I have one for a Browning A-bolt but the original pad is glued on. Any sugestions on removing it?

mpnv
August 22, 2013, 16:39
If you can get a very thin screwdriver between the wood and pad, Acetone might work. (it has for me) use an eye dropper and be careful of the finish on the wood as it may or may not get ruined.

nearmisses
August 24, 2013, 09:11
I guess the first question you should ask is the L.O.P. going to be the same with the new pad or did it fit you right in the first place? LOP is length of pull. If wood needs to be removed to make a new pad fit then a cut with the same angle will be necessary. If the same LOP then good luck getting it off. I used to use acra-glas gel and 2 wooden dowels to align the pad and then fit while roughing in a stock. Finish accordingly but on an already finished gun that will be a trick Maybe spend the money for a decent gunsmith to measure and do it right wouldn't be a bad idea. As your asking for ways to get the pad off I can safely assume you have no experience at putting one on and fitting correctly. They do have to be sanded to fit properly unless this is one of those prefitted type and that would still need some alinement and dicking with to fit right.

grumpy1
September 22, 2013, 02:39
I have an A-Bolt that I have put a Limbsaver pad on. I used a razor blade and carefully scored around the butt pad/ stock joint. then I took a raw hide hammer and gave the butt pad a couple wacks and the factory butt pad came right off. Mine seemed to be 'glued' on with some of the glossy varnish that coveres the stock.