View Full Version : H&R Pardner Pump: Initial Thoughts

August 01, 2013, 15:53
Questions? Comments? Thoughts?:

August 02, 2013, 07:40
Not so much a review of the shotgun but of the accessories that fit or don't fit. I was hoping to learn about the actual shotgun and there is nothing more said than "it's a really good shotgun". I admit I did not watch the whole thing after I decided it was about what aftermarket parts fit and which do not or what modifications to them need to be made to make them fit.

I did like the trailer for the movie "Elysium" and I plan on seeing that.

RG Coburn
August 02, 2013, 09:20
I got about 5 seconds in and closed. For a decent review of a shotgun,the first things I don't want to see is the inside of some guy's basement,or "don't tread" flags conspicuously placed behind him. To me,this screams insecure,wannabe. The first thing I want to see is real world conditions,like a woods,or a swamp,or a marsh,where this reviewed thing is going to get some serious thrashing.
There is an art to making decent videos,and if the first couple seconds suck,the whole thing likely will also.

August 02, 2013, 10:15
Goodness guys. The intent of the video was basically a "What to know before you buy". Not a hard core review. I, unfortunately, don't have the luxury to go out and do extensive firearms reviews as I would like too. I'll edit the video title.
Sorry for the basement video... I can only work with the tools I have. Not really sure how the tread on me flag in the background makes me a wanna be? It was a gun related video, I thought it made sense. Guess I was wrong. I can understand how it would seem a bit cliché though. Not trying to be a "wannabe" or anything else like that.. I just thought the video might help if someone was gonna get one of these 870 clones and wanted to know how compatible it was to the parts and accessories for it.

August 02, 2013, 11:17
Your title is misleading - "H&R Pardner - Initial Thoughts". Like I wrote before, you just say it's a really good shotgun and then go on to talk about the accessories for an 870 that may or may not fit. I clicked on the thread because I wanted to read about the shotgun, not all the extra crap. Personally, I don't mind the flag or the basement video studio but I did want to know about the shotgun.

August 02, 2013, 11:25
I got ya. I do appreciate the feedback. Trust me, I do want to get out and fire this thing a bunch and put it through its paces. Its just hard to do so. The last public shooting range we had close because of the ignorant college kids in this town.

Next time I get a chance to go up my buddies house, I'll put this thing through its paces.