PDA

View Full Version : info needed on CZ82 9X18

cheepertokeeper
August 01, 2013, 05:59
Aim surplus was recently selling CZ82's in 9X18, sold out fast. I am totally unfamiliar with these, I believe they use polygonal rifling. The one I saw had no visible rifling? Otherwise in very good, used condition. It is very accurate, pleasant to shoot. Seems a decent value though apparently much higher than the good old days. Am I missing something or is this barrel "shot out". Again, function and accuracy @ 25' has been very good. Search for barrel assembly or leave well enough alone? Thanks, CTK

AliYahu
August 01, 2013, 07:26
Polygon rifling & chrome-lined. I want one!

Eli

kev
August 01, 2013, 07:40
The bore is normal,.....you really can't see the rifling very well in a polygonal bore. There's really no such thing as a shot out pistol barrel. It's almost a physical impossibility.

Unless you're wedded to the 9x18 cartridge, Cole's still has a good selection of the cz83 surplus guns in .380. Identical in every way to the cz82(even takes the exact same mags(which are not too cheap and not too common,....the only downside to the cz's)). I don't know what AIM was getting for the cz82, but the cz83's are a good deal at $200+/-.

http://www.gunbroker.com/All/BI.aspx?Keywords=cz+83&IncludeSellers=2621012

cheepertokeeper
August 01, 2013, 10:07
[QUOTE=kev;3659764]The bore is normal,.....you really can't see the rifling very well in a polygonal bore. There's really no such thing as a shot out pistol barrel. It's almost a physical impossibility.

Unless you're wedded to the 9x18 cartridge, Cole's still has a good selection of the cz83 surplus guns in .380. Identical in every way to the cz82(even takes the exact same mags(which are not too cheap and not too common,....the only downside to the cz's)). I don't know what AIM was getting for the cz82, but the cz83's are a good deal at $200+/-.

Well, good to know, thanks. Not wedded to 9X18. Just wanted a CZ. AIM previously had the 70? in .380 and sold out fast so jumped on the 82. Was planning on loading for it but ejection is very positive making it tough to find spent brass. Regarding polygonal rifling, Glocks use it, correct? Easy to see rifling in those. No matter, accuracy fine. Thanks!

kev
August 01, 2013, 10:24
There are different types of polygonal rifling. The CZ rifling is almost invisible and many of the early CZ imports were angrily returned to the distributors until people figured out what was up.

I once had a chance to purchase a beautiful Charles Lancaster double rifle in .500 Nitro CHEAP because the dealer assumed that the rifle bores had been reamed out to smoothbore shotgun(a very common practice in England when the laws changed and rifle permits were difficult to obtain). Neither of us could see the rifling in the perfectly clean bores, so I passed on it. Only later I learned that Lancaster was famous for his oval bore rifling which is an invisible polygonal type. Coulda had an absolutely stunning $15,000 rifle for three grand had I only known,......

FAL's & AR's 4 ME
August 14, 2013, 10:12
[QUOTE=kev;3659764]The bore is normal,.....you really can't see the rifling very well in a polygonal bore. There's really no such thing as a shot out pistol barrel. It's almost a physical impossibility.

Well, good to know, thanks. Not wedded to 9X18. Just wanted a CZ. AIM previously had the 70? in .380 and sold out fast so jumped on the 82. Was planning on loading for it but ejection is very positive making it tough to find spent brass. Regarding polygonal rifling, Glocks use it, correct? Easy to see rifling in those. No matter, accuracy fine. Thanks!

I have a CZ82 9x18 and like it very much , I also like the 83 and will get one as soon as I have the funds for it , ammo for the 82 was pretty cheap when I got mine ,but is coming down some , accuracy was excellent better than I expected and are fun to shoot , they also make the 83 in a 32acp , but they are very hard to find , there are some on GB in excellent cond. for $220 , I gave $260 for mine with 2 mags in like new cond. I think they are a great little pistol ....