PDA

View Full Version : CZ 455 American Combo Questions

Bubacus
July 16, 2013, 21:48
I recently saw a review on the CZ 455 American Combo and I really like the idea of being able to switch over to .17 HMR from .22 LR. Anyone have one and have any thoughts on it? I was also wondering if CZ imported the 455 American combo with a thumbhole stock?

denny
July 16, 2013, 22:26
I saw that write up.
CZ builds quality rifles and if there discriptions are correct the 455 will make a heck of a versitile package for reasonable money.
Denny

thunderchicken
July 17, 2013, 10:45
My experience with multi-caliber rifles is that you swap calibers a few times in the first month of owning the things, then the novelty wears off and it is just another annoying thing to do in an already busy life. IMHO, one is better off with a rifle in .22 and another in .17hmr than a swap barrel.

tac-40
July 17, 2013, 18:58
I can't comment on the Combo, but I do have a BRNO which is the forerunner of the CZ brand. That thing is scary accurate with every type of .22 fed to it. Using the CCI .22 ammo designed for the smallbore AR's, it will group 1 MOA at 100 yds on a windless day benched and scoped. I only wish I could shoot some of my big bores as well as this one does.:bow:

kmurphy
July 17, 2013, 23:44
I have a 453 with set trigger in .17. Best coin I have ever spent on a firearm. I use this more than any other.

SteelonSteel
July 19, 2013, 10:13
My experience with multi-caliber rifles is that you swap calibers a few times in the first month of owning the things, then the novelty wears off and it is just another annoying thing to do in an already busy life. IMHO, one is better off with a rifle in .22 and another in .17hmr than a swap barrel.

yep, I have to agree. About the only swap barrel guns I can like are shotguns where you can go from 20" slug to 28" bird barrel, etc. It takes a couple minutes if that and you don't have to switch scopes or rezero scopes.

Just my opinion. I like to leave a gun ready to go. it actually irritates me to have a gun in the house without it being zero'd and with the ammo zero'd with.

ETA- my 452 fullstock is a tack driver, buy with confidence.

MK ULTRA
July 21, 2013, 10:21
The combination rifle is a European thing. They have limits on the number they can own so that way they have two calibers in one rifle. You see a lot of that in European made weapons.